10. The search (part 2)

The ghost looked at the three occupants in the car. She is happy to see them scared to death. This is just the beginning of her plans. There is a lot more to come.

Arjun turned back. He is trying to decide whether to start the car or not. Samyuktha is crying silently. Pooja is surprised of the words spoken by the ghost.

"Oh I am so sorry. I forgot to tell you there is our friend outside" the ghost spoke with a sweet voice which alarmed the cousins.

"Who" both arjun and pooja asked at same time.

Suddenly a bloody hand appeared on the glass window near Samyuktha. She turned around, shocked to see Harish smiling at her. She screamed which made arjun to start the car. Even a person appeared near Arjun's window having axe in his hands raised in mid air as if he is ready to kill arjun. Though arjun did not know him, pooja screamed looking at rohan who like harish is smiling and coated with blood. Arjun reversed the car and drived at high speed. The ghost's laughter filled the car but the girls did not stop screaming.

After coming into the city, the ghost disappeared on its own. Though she left them, her laughter is still ringing in their ears. Arjun has double impact as he was the only calm person in the fourty minutes drive.

It took the girls few minutes to calm down and guess what happened next? Both of them are arguing......

"I told you not to get in that house! See what happened!" Samyuktha spoke with anger.

"Well at least we got to know where she lives! " Pooja felt she is near the answer. Almost about to solve the case.

"You think so? As far as I know there is no ghost in that place. It is mostly used for.....for some purposes" Even though the screaming effect did not stop he is still able to concentrate on them.

"Such as...." pooja asked. Samyuktha slowly understood his behaviour in that house. He was not at all scared but he knew who will be there at this time.

"You can guess on your own"

"Hmm I guess we need to get acquainted with those dead people. There are many places to search and we can't get out every time she comes" pooja thought deeply.

Samyuktha nodded her head horizontally saying no. But it is pooja. She made pretty sure there is no change in her decision. Arjun is lost in his thoughts. 

.......................................................................................................................................................................

Arjun got to know who Rohan was. It is a bit disturbing him that the ghost has killed the boy just because he proposed Samyuktha on her birthday. And also she has already warned her to be away from him. So he is the next target. But the question is why she has not harmed him till now? Is it just to push her crimes on him or......she is planning more? The doubt is eating him more than his sister's idea.

"I have found his address. We can ask him what he had gone through. I am sure he will answer us if we give him a big chocolate. Luckily we found a young boy. Not a teenager or older than him. We will also have to go to the hospital. Get details from them. Then we will go to that lawyer....." the cousins sat outside the house. Pooja thought it is better if Arjun's mother is far away from their conversation.

"To get the documents? " a new voice stopped his sister's flow of words. Arjun would have been happy if it is not the police officer.

"No for other purpose" arjun answered flatly. Pooja is looking at both. Surprised to see hatred towards each other. Her brother had done nothing except helping her friend. So why would a police look at her brother like he is looking at a criminal?

"Can I know the purpose please.." CI jagadish asked him with fake smile. Arjun was annoyed before with his subordinate. Now he feels that person is better than this man. This guy is cold, mean and suspecting him for no reason.

"It is personal. Can't share it with others"

"Does it involves your fiancé? "

"Of course she is involved. But it's not what you think"

"I guess so. Does it involves your girlfriend? " jagadish gestured towards pooja when he spoke the word girlfriend. Pooja gasped hearing that word.

"That is my sister you are talking about!" arjun is too angry now. Already thinking him as a suspect is infuriating him. But now he is really ready to beat him if jagadish speaks anything wrong about him.

"I don't believe so" jagadish said with confidence. Arjun was about to hit him when pooja blocked his attack. Even she is angry at the police but not as much as her brother. She is also scared her brother will do something wrong if not stopped.

"Maybe I am not his own sister but I am his cousin. He treats me as his little sister"

"I have misunderstood your relationship. I am very sorry" both of them knew he is acting. They both are equally angry at him now. But they don't know how much jagadish wants to arrest arjun. Jagadish will not stop even if he has no evidence. Actually he has no evidence against arjun. But he is ready to create it. In any way possible..... Even if it means losing his job.

"I have actually come here to tell you the doctor's case will be closed as there is no evidence to prove he is murdered" that has no soothing effect on the cousins. They knew the case will not be closed. At least the police has walked out instead of taunting them.

"We have to know about the ghost as soon as possible. Then we will make him understand everything" pooja though eager to solve the mystery, she wanted to calm her brother first. He did not acknowledge her words. So she tried the other route.

"Samyuktha used to say she prefers love marriage. We thought she will definitely marry her lover looking at her following. I guess she is very sad to marry a stranger. Of course she has no lover....."

Arjun got diverted a bit. He is still angry at the officer but also interested to know about Samyuktha. Pooja got his attention this time. She gave him a nice advice.....

"Why don't you both date before getting married? "

"Her parents will kill me if I do anything to her" he really likes the idea but tried to hide his feelings from his sister.

"You can still take her on date. You know.....get to know each other. Have some fun. What ever fun that can be....." arjun is very embarrassed now for his sister's teasing. She laughed seeing her brother embarrassed. So she tried to mock their meeting. And it ended up in her brother chasing her around the house.

Jyothi who saw everything behind the window is happy to see the change in them. Even if she is shocked to see the officer accusing her son, she has the confidence that all problems will be solved. That at the end every thing will get normal. even for Samyuktha....... her family thinks they can hide the secret from her. Nobody knew she is not too sensitive and is helping rupa to get out of her depression.

Author's note :

So do you have any idea why jagadish wants to arrest arjun? Is it related to Samyuktha in any way? Well....if you know you can comment below.

See you soon......