18. nightmare

Pooja glanced at her brother who is too much lost in the match. She would have joined him if her mind is not rewinding gopal's words....."be safe". He told her those words when they reached Arjun's car. Arjun and samyuktha were waiting in the car while suresh sat in his car. She did not understand why he told her so. Even he felt surprised of his words. She knew the diary had scared him. But why would he be so worried of it? Is it related to him in some way? The question seems to have no answer for now.

"We won! I knew we will win!" Arjun spoke in excitement. It brought no excitement in her though.

"Who are you? " arjun suddenly asked pooja. She was surprised of his question.

"Are you out of your mind?" Pooja asked him.

"I don't know if girls watched cricket match twenty years ago" arjun said sarcastically.

"Then I guess they are very unfortunate ones" pooja answered him dryly.

"My sister would have sworn to brainwash those girls for not watching the match"

"But Samyuktha doesn't watch these matches"

"What!"

"She is not a sports lover"

"Then let's make her a sports lover. Comm'on why are you waiting?" Arjun almost pulled his sister from her thoughts and from sofa.

"Lover boy! She must be sleeping now. Her mother never allows to be awake after eleven " she informed him rolling her eyes.

"Aww....so I can't call her now?" He fell on the sofa keeping a sad face. Pooja got frustrated and sat beside him.

"You are an idiot to use your sister to call your fiancee. You can call her on your own" she scolded him.

"Well....I can call her if her father will stop answering my calls" Arjun placed his head on his palm remembering those thirty calls he made in two days which are only answered by gopal. He heard a female voice laughing whenever gopal spoke with him. He was too confused in the beginning thinking he is calling his father in law instead of his daughter. Then his doubts got cleared when gopal answered his call again and he heard 'daddy! ' frim other side. That made it clear her father is not allowing her to speak with him. He is not loving her secretly and got caught by her father. He simply kissed her.....his future wife! Then why is he behaving like a typical indian father not allowing their daughter to meet or even speak with her lover! This is insane!

"Maybe he is worried you will ask her about the diary" pooja said which shocked arjun.

"What?"

"Umm....nothing. its almost 12 now. I am going to sleep. Bye...." Saying that she left to her room.

Arjun never expected his sister to be that calm. She is cool but not a silent girl so he was shocked of her behaviour. He got up and followed her. She closed the door at him when he was just behind her entering her room.

"Tell me what happened" arjun asked his sister standing outside her room.

"Nothing " pooja answered blankly. She noticed her room to be oddly cold than other rooms which are still slightly hot due to the summer. She is having this feeling since she brought the diary with her.

"My little sister is not speaking with me.....I will take away my teddies back" arjun spoke sadly which made pooja to laugh. She used to call him teddy for his cheeks. After he lost his weight she was sad not able to enjoy pulling his cheeks hardly. So he brought her teddy bears of different size which he arranged on her bed.

"Nobody can take away my teddy bears! " she warned him.

" Then give me a reason why I can't have those teddies!" Arjun spoke sternly. Pooja sighed realising her brother will not leave her till she gives him the answer, she told him about gopal's odd behaviour.