Chapter 2

You heard the sound of your alarm clock and groan inwardly. You rub your eyes, yawning in the process. Today was your first day at the New Domino Duel Academy.......and you were dreading it. You look at the uniform you were wearing, adjusting your headpiece as well.

You ask, "Do I look okay, Martha?" Martha responds with a smile, "You look fine, Y/N

You ask, "Do I look okay, Martha?" Martha responds with a smile, "You look fine, Y/N." She adds, "Have a good day today." No promises there. Dark Magician Girl questions, "Are you thinking about taking your duel runner?" You nod, "I don't exactly want to walk today.....so duel runner it is." You put on your helmet and say, "Let's go!"

Meanwhile, Akiza Izinski wore a bored expression in her eyes. She twirled her carmine hair as she waited for the teacher to arrive. She then heard someone calling her name, causing her to bolt up straight. She said, "Leo, Luna." Her friends Leo and Luna join her. Their teachers said that both classes would be working on a project together. Akiza didn't protest the idea, she was happy that she could see her friends nonetheless. The three students waited for their teachers to arrive.

You had finally arrived at the academy. You took off your helmet and place it on your duel runner. You take in the scene in front of you. Duel Academy......it's so much bigger than I thought. You walk inside and think, "Here goes nothing..."

Akiza, Leo and Luna were chatting amongst themselves when they saw the door slide open. They saw a girl with h/c hair holding a blue bag in her hands. Miss Bartlet spoke up, "I'd like you to meet your new classmate, Y/N L/N." You shyly said, "H-Hi....um...it's nice to meet you." Miss Bartlet said, "You can sit with Akiza. Akiza, raise your hand." Akiza did as she was told. You quietly make your way towards a carmine-haired girl and her aqua-haired friends. You place your bag down and become silent. This is awkward. You listen as the teacher begins to give her lesson.

You let out a breath, "That was long...I guess teachers are passionate about their subjects." You look around and see that all the lunch tables are full. You mumble, "I guess I'll eat outside today." You sigh and head outside.

Leo was frantically searching for someone. Luna asked, "Leo? What are you doing?" Leo answers, "Not now, Luna! I'm looking for that new girl!" Luna exhales, "I'll help you look...why do you want to find her anyway?" Akiza, who sat next to the twins, let out a breath. She then said, "I'll help too. She seems nice to me....she's quiet though."

You saw a large tree surrounded by beautiful flora and decided to sit there. You laid against the tree and pulled out your deck. You gazed at it for a moment before returning it to your bag. You felt a bit lonely, but you were used to it. Your fingers then touched the locket around your neck. You shake your head and you continue to eat your lunch.

Akiza, Leo and Luna were still searching for you. It was Akiza who spoke up, "I think I see her."

You put away your lunch and take out a book. You laid against the tree once more, consuming the words written within the novel. Your light was suddenly covered by three shadows, causing you to look up. Amores of Prophecy remarks, "Aren't they the people you sat next to?" "Yes, they are....what are they doing here though?" You recognize them from earlier. You ask, "Um...your Akiza right? You two are Leo and Luna...right?" Dark Magician Girl said, "You maybe shy, but you're very intelligent." Akiza questions, "What are you doing out here?" You admit, "I just needed some fresh air, that's all." Luna explains, "Leo's been running around like a lunatic just so he could find you." You reply, "Find....me? Why?" Leo said, "What do mean why? I want to be your friend!" You were taken aback, "My...friend?" Leo nods excitedly, "Yeah!" He then asked, "Hey Y/N, do you want to duel me after school?" Luna exclaims, "Leo!" You smile, "Sure, why not?" What am I getting myself into?