Chapter 14

Jack notices that you were staring out the window again. Jack questions Yusei, "Should I say anything?" Yusei sighs, "Y/N, is everything okay?" You didn't reply to Yusei. Yusei then says to Jack, "We should just leave her alone." Jack ignores him and throws something at you. You swiftly catch it, catching Jack off guard. You exhale, "Really Jack? You've resorted to throwing things just to get my attention?" Jack said, "Stop being such a baby, Y/N!" You stop speaking and Yusei intervenes, "Come on, Jack. Quit it. The last thing we need is a fight between you and Y/N." Hiita remarks, "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the duel runner today." Wynn replies, "Uh, Hiita? I don't think that's helping the situation." You turn away and say to Jack, "You're right, Jack. I shouldn't even be here." You run upstairs and Jack exhales, "That's not what I meant." It was too late though. 

Wynn watches you closely. Her emerald eyes were filled with immense worry after your argument with Jack. Although she was a spirit, she could feel the pain within your heart. Wynn's partner, Petit Dragon nuzzles your hand in comfort. Wynn said, "Petit...you want to make Y/N happy again, don't you?" The little dragon continues to nuzzle your hand. A small smile forms as the little creature continues to comfort you. Wynn then said, "Alright Petit, that's enough." She pulls her familiar away from your hand. Your fingers gently stroke the little dragon as Wynn realizes that your hand was shaking. Wynn suddenly vanished, making you slightly puzzled. You hear Jack's voice from the door, "Y/N? Can I come in?" You didn't answer him and hear him enter. Hiita was being held back by Lyna and Dharc as she roars, "Let me go! That jerk made Y/N upset! Let me at him!" Dharc answers, "This is why Lyna and Wynn are the level-headed ones, Hiita. You're always so hot-tempered." Jack lets out a breath, "Listen.." You quickly say, "I know you mean well, Jack. You're right though...I should stop being afraid of myself." Jack replies, "I'm just worried that you'll do something you'll regret. I know it's hard without Crow being here, but know that all of us are here to help you. You are our friend after all. You've helped us during tough times too." You respond, "Thanks, Jack. That means a lot to me." The blond clears his throat, "Right...I'm going to go help Yusei. Call us if you need anything." Jack leaves the room.

Crow whispers, "Y/N, I'm here. Don't be sad..please." His eyes widen, "Black-Winged Dragon...!" Crow clenches his fist, "I've got to get out of here! Dang..it won't budge!" He looks at the murky horizon, "I'm here with you in spirit, Y/N."

"Y/N, what is it? You have a strange look in your eyes." Empyrean Empress said, "Lyna, look at her hands." Lyna's eyes slowly widen, "They're shaking." You said, "Crow..."

Akiza burst through the doors of the hideout, causing Jack and Yusei to jump in surprise. Jack comments, "Nice to see you too, Akiza." Akiza asked in a panicked voice, "Is Y/N here?" You spoke from above, "What's going on? What was that sound?" Akiza's eyes widen at your appearance. She didn't recognize you at all.

You were a bit surprised by Akiza's sudden appearance

You were a bit surprised by Akiza's sudden appearance. You said, "Akiza, what's going on? Why do you look so panicked?" Akiza replies, "I didn't recognize you for a second there, Y/N. You look so different." Yusei spoke up, "Now that I think of it, Akiza's right. You always wear the same thing every day." Akiza changes the subject, "Anyway, I need your help Y/N. It has to do with this dance that's coming up soon." Before you could respond, Akiza said to the boys, "I'm going to borrow her for a while." You said, "Akiza, slow down!" Yusei laughs, "Looks like Y/N is going to have her hands full with helping Akiza." Jack replies, "At least it will help get her mind off of Crow." Yusei answers, "I hope so."