Chapter 4

Crow. You couldn't get him out of your mind. It was the next day and you were still puzzled. You didn't realize that Blister was calling out to you until you felt him tap on your shoulder repeatedly. This caused you to jump, making Blister sigh. Blister said, "I've been calling your name for the past twenty minutes. You're usually more alert...what's up?" You exhale and tell him what happened yesterday. Blister replies, "Hmmm...." You ask, "What? Did. I say something weird?" He shook his head, "No it's not that, Y/N. Here, I want to show you something." Blister sat in front of the computer and began to type quickly.

Blister said, "Read through this

Blister said, "Read through this." You reply, "Alright...let's see."

Disappearances lead to questions over new crimes

Several days ago, many citizens of New Domino City have suddenly vanished. There have been reports that state that those people have either been kidnapped or have left the city altogether. When the disappearances take place, a large beam of light is present. It is not known if it is a hologram or if the beam itself is real.

Among the beam, there are also dark purple clouds that hide within it. Authorities recommend that those who are outside must seek refuge immediately. Also, those who are inside are asked to stay there. If there is any information regarding the disappearances, people are asked to call their local authorities as soon as possible.

Blister said, "Earth to Y/N!" These disappearances...could they be linked to the man we all saw yesterday? You said, "This seems too good to be true. There has to be more to this than just an article." Blister replies, "Leave this to Sector Security, Y/N. You can't get yourself involved in this mess. It's too dangerous." You answer, "I know, that's why I'm going to try and find as many leads as possible. It's not just the people who will suffer.....New Domino itself will suffer as well." Blister said, "Y/N...." You blush, "Sorry, I got carried away again." Blister notices that you were shaking. He didn't say anything in response.

"Disappearances?" That was the first thing that came out of Crow's mouth that morning. Trudge nods grimly, "I'm afraid so. Apparently it's been going on for weeks now. No one has any idea where or why it's happening." The three boys look at each other in shock.

Akiza was standing in from of the orphanage. She whispers, "So this is where Y/N lives...." She knocks on the door and waits. Blister appeared before her, "Akiza....Y/N's outside. I'll bring you to her." She quietly thanked him.

"Are you sure about this?" You sigh, "Tell me that you didn't feel anything strange during that duel." Tempest replies, "Now that you mention it, something did feel off. It didn't feel like a normal shadow game...it was like someone -or something- was trying to take away a soul." You shake your head, "Forget it....I'm probably just imagining it." You go back to tampering with your duel runner. Blister spoke from behind, "Hey Y/N, you've got company." You see Akiza wave to you. Akiza remarks, "Nice runner." You ask, "Have you heard?" Akiza was lost, "About what?" You reply, "Akiza, people are disappearing. No one knows why or how it's happening. This has been happening for weeks! Weeks!" Akiza responds, "Hold on, what does that mean?" You answer, "It means that someone wants to get rid of New Domino City.....no matter what the cost is." You add, "I'm worried about Martha, Akiza. She hasn't come back since those biker thugs showed up yesterday." Akiza said, "I'm sure she'll come back soon." That's what I'm afraid of...what if she doesn't come back?