Chapter 13 (Part 1)

"It's too late, your friend is my servant now!" You were staring at Crow's cold eyes. You plead to him, "Crow! This isn't you! Snap out of it! Please!" Leo and Luna yell in fear, "Y/N!" A sword-like attack headed toward you—

You bolt up, sweating from the almost life-like nightmare. Thankfully, Crow wasn't beside you. Yusei's voice snaps you out of your trance, "Y/N, could you come down for a moment?" You reply, "I'll be right there, Yusei." Empyrean Empress asked, "Are you alright?" You whisper, "I don't know, but my heart is in a disarray."

A few minutes later, you were downstairs. You see Akiza, Leo, Luna, Mina and Trudge there as well. "If everyone else is here, then this is important." You look around, "Where's Jack and Crow?" Akiza answers, "They went to go find some papers that Mina had left at the orphanage." At that moment, the two boys burst into the room. Jack pants, "Sorry we're late. We had a hard time finding those papers." "I wonder what kind of information it contains. Maybe it is something that is related to all of these disappearances." "Earth to Y/N!" You blink, "Huh what? Did you say something, Jack?" Jack asked, "Why are you so dazed?" You shake your head, "I'm fine..." You change the subject, "So what do those papers say about the situation?" Crow was the one to reply, "They talk about some old legend about this girl and the Crimson Dragon. It said something about them being allies...I think." Crow adds with a sigh, "We weren't able to find the rest of the documents but this will do."

Yusei observes you quietly, "Y/N has been like that since she woke up." Jack dismisses the remark, "I'm sure she's probably procrastinating over her duel runner again." Yusei looks at you and replies, "I hope that's the case, Jack."

"I don't know about you but this is getting a bit out of hand." You ask, "Why do you say that?" Empyrean Empress answers, "The more they discover about the legend, the more danger they'll be in." You reply back, "It's not just that, this legend is stranger than the situation itself. Disappearances have been occurring more frequently and those shadow spirits haven't appeared once." Empyrean Empress responds, "This could mean one of two things, Y/N. Either they have retreated or they are planning something big." You answer back, "That's what I'm afraid of. It's bad enough that Martha's gone...I can't imagine what I would have done if one of my friends suffered the same fate she did." Unbeknownst to you, Luna had listened in on your conversation. Luna whispers, "I have to tell the others about this."

Yusei said, "Hold on, Luna. Shouldn't we ask Y/N about this first?" Luna had just told the others about what you and Empyrean Empress had spoken about moments before. Right when Yusei had asked that question, you had come into the room. Luna asked, "Y/N, are you hiding something from us?" "You can tell them, they are your friends after all." You exhale, "If you're wondering about the legend, it's extremely complicated. The more you dig into it, the more complex it gets." Jack got frustrated, "Well? Get on with it already!" You reply, "The legend involves a girl and the Crimson Dragon. A long time ago, the human world almost turned into a aphotic oblivion. There was a young girl who possessed the knowledge and beauty of the deities. This girl also happened to be linked with the Crimson Dragon." Akiza interjects, "What happened to her?" You answer, "I was getting there. Anyway, she also possessed the gift of speaking to spirits. She was the only one who could save mankind from suffering the loss of life. The young girl along with the other legendary Signers battled the tenebrous spirits that threatened to vanquish the light. Unfortunately, she died during the fight. She managed to save the world though, her soul is lost somewhere in the spirit world." Akiza asked, "That girl was a Signer?" You nod, "Yes...I can understand how she felt. Losing someone close to you can let someone else twist you into something terrible." Yusei inquires, "What did you mean about the knowledge part?" You reply, "The girl in the legend was very knowledgable. I assume that she was naturally like that. I also assume that people compared to the gods and goddesses of her time." You sigh, "Unfortunately, a lot of rumours surfaced and no one knows the truth about what happened to her." Everyone didn't know what was going to happen next.