Chapter 12

A/N: I thought that I'd write a fluff chapter since the past several chapters have been extremely tense and suspenseful. Hope you like it!

****The next morning****

Crow gazes at your sleeping figure lovingly. He slowly ascends, being careful not to wake you. He turns back and smiles to himself.

When Crow came downstairs, he was met with an empty room. He sighs, "They must have gone out to test the new engines." Crow mutters, "Guess that means that I have the kitchen to myself." Right when he said that, the sounds of two duel runners entered the hideout. He exhales once more, "Spoke too soon." Jack comments, "Look who decided to wake up early for once." Yusei replies to his blond friend, "Come on, Jack. Knock it off." "Tsk tsk. I'm disappointed, Jack." Yusei said, "Y/N..." You descend from the stairs as you speak. You add, "It's a bit early to be teasing Crow like that, Jack. Can't you go without saying something so complaint related for a minute?" Crow asked, "When did you wake up? I thought that you were still asleep." "Well boys aren't exactly quiet, no offense guys." Dark Magician Girl groans as she said that. You reply, "No offense, you guys aren't exactly quiet. Not that I mind, of course. I'm going to go sort through my deck." Jack then spoke up, "Hold on, Y/N." Dark Magician Girl rolls her eyes, "It's painfully obvious that he wants to see what cards you have in your deck." You answer, "You can watch me if you want, Jack. The look in your eyes is a dead giveaway."

The three boys were amazed when they saw the massive array of cards you possessed. Crow remembers, "I think this belongs to you. We found it while we were looking for you." You give him a smile and place it beside the other trap cards. Yusei looks at one of the cards, "The Dark Magician Girl..." You close your eyes, "I remember when I first got that card....it was a long time ago. It was a few months after I had arrived at Martha's." You continue, "It was just a regular day there....I was still trying to get used to the environment at the time. However, that day wasn't as peaceful as I thought." Jack inquires, "What do you mean by that?" You answer, "Well, a pair of thugs decided to come and terrorize the orphanage. They threatened to hurt Martha and the children that took refuge there." Yusei asked, "So what happened?" You reply, "I didn't have a choice, I had to duel them to ensure everyone's safety. I didn't have a deck at the time, so I used the cards that the kids had given me." You add, "If they had won, Martha would've had to flee from the orphanage forever. There was another catch though...we had to put our prized cards on the line as well." Crow questions, "So? What cards were they exactly?" You answer, "I chose Tempest Magician while they had chosen Dark Magician Girl." Yusei said, "You don't have to tell us if its something you don't want to remember." You shake your head, "It's alright, it was a long time ago anyway." You went on, "Anyway, it was a long duel. I managed to win with a combination of Magic Cylinder and Cosmo Queen." You concluded, "That was how I got Dark Magician Girl in the end."

About ten minutes later, Yusei had come to you for some reason. Yusei said, "Y/N, I need your help with something." Yusei adds, "It has to do with the shadow spirits." You reply, "I'll do what I can to help." I hope. You follow Yusei to where all the duel runners were. You then see the rest of your friends as well. It was Akiza who broke the silence. She said, "Guys, Mina gave me this picture of the card she saw at the time of first disappearance." Empyrean Empress said, "That card...it seems too familiar to me." Leo notices the expression in your eyes, "What's with Y/N?" Regulus, one of Luna's spirits spoke to her, "Luna. That card is incredibly powerful and holds the power of the shadows." Akiza asked, "Y/N? Do you recognize it?" You answer, "It looks so familiar yet.....I can't remember."

*****Several hours later*****

Everyone had gone home since the meeting you had together. Yusei and Jack had gone out on their duel runners. This meant that you and Crow were alone.....kind of. Your spirits kept you company just in case something would happen.