Two

Morning arrived quickly. Lapis sleepily opened her eyes as sun light poured into the barn. She rubbed her eyes and sat up, yawning.

The water gem's blue eyes drifted over to Peridot, who was propped up against the wall, still asleep. Lapis listened to Peridot's soft snores, and watched the little gem sleep. Lapis couldn't help but chuckle, Peridot looked so... helpless when asleep.

After about thirty minutes, Peridot began to stir. Lapis watched, wondering if the green gem was dreaming. Suddenly Peridot woke, opening one eye.

Lapis watched as the small gem then opened her other eye and yawned. She stood and stretched. Lapis chuckled at the sight of the small gem reaching her arms up high.

Peridot jumped back, "Ah! Lazuli! How long have you been watching?!" She asked, immediately stopping her stretches. Lapis gave a small smirk in response.

"This again, huh?" Peridot asked, looking at Lapis. "Are you gonna start dancing now?" She teased. Lapis stayed put, looking up at Peridot.

"Yes."

A wave of bewilderment passed over Peridot's face. "N-no! I was being sarcastic! Don't-" She was cut off by Lapis as she stood and began to dance. Peridot stood still, groaning.

Lapis spun around the smaller gem, her dress brushed against Peridot. "Mmm... while you continue this nonsense, I'm getting out of here." Peridot grumbled. The green gem walked towards the doors of the barn, but just as she began to walk her and Lapis smashed into eachother.

Peridot fell on her butt, and Lapis fell on top of her. "Gah! Lazuli, get off me this instant!" The small gem shouted. Lapis hurriedly got up, "Sorry.."

Peridot felt her face heat up a little as Lapis extended her arm out to help Peridot up. "No." Peridot said, standing on her own. Lapis silently watched as Peridot stood.

Lapis slowly began to continue dancing, and Peridot remained still. Lapis watched as Peridot felt her own face, it confused her. The blue gem kept dancing as Peridot stayed put.

"What are you even stressed about?" Peridot then asked. Lapis just stared at the small gem, spinning. "Lots of things." She replied.

Peridot raised an eyebrow. "You're stressed too." Lapis said blandly as she danced past Peridot. "W-what?! No!" Peridot exclaimed.

Lapis chuckled, she noticed a light green blush show on Peridot's cheeks. "You are too, it's obvious." The blue gem said. "Well even if I am, I don't need to dance!" Peridot shouted, waving her arms.

"Sure you do." Lapis grinned. The blue gem spun up to Peridot and took her hands. "Lazuli! Let me go!" Peridot exclaimed, trying to pull away.

Lapis spun them around, looking down at the angry Peridot. "Lazuli, why are you doing this?" The little gem asked. Lapis didn't answer, instead she continued dancing with Peridot.

"I don't even know how to dance!" Peridot said, pulling again. "Just follow me." Lapis said quietly. Peridot stopped trying to pull away and looked up at the water gem.

Lapis' and Peridot's eyes met as they danced. Suddenly Lapis let out a cry, "Ow! Peridot you're stepping on my feet!" Peridot looked down, and surely she was stepping on Lapis' bare feet.

"Oh... sorry." Peridot muttered. Lapis didn't respond. "See? I told you I can't dance, but you insisted!" The little green gem said.

"But doesn't it feel good?" Lapis asked, as they crossed over onto Peridot's side. "No." Peridot said, looking away. "Liar." Lapis replied.