Thirteen

Lapis opened her blue eyes slowly, vision clearing. She yawned and lifted her head off Peridot's. Lapis smiled, remembering that they had fallen asleep together.

Lapis then hugged Peridot close, sighing happily. The little gem let out a small grumble, but she stayed asleep. Lapis chuckled quietly and petted Peridot's hair.

The ocean gem smiled down at Peridot, who was in a deep sleep. She hummed softly, petting Peridot's soft hair. Lapis' eyes wandered around the room, it was pretty empty.

The blue gem waited for Peridot to wake up, hoping she'd wake soon. 'How long can she sleep?' Lapis asked herself. "I guess I'll just have to figure out.." She then said out loud.

Peridot stirred a little bit, then held still again. Lapis sighed, she wished Peridot would wake up. It was boring without her to talk to.

The water gem looked at Peridot, she couldn't see her face. Lapis squeezed Peridot tighter. "Just wake up already.." She whispered.

Peridot stayed asleep, letting out a quiet noise as Lapis squeezed her. Lapis couldn't help but giggle at the noise. Peridot squirmed a little bit.

Lapis groaned quietly, longing to hear Peridot's voice. "Peri.." The ocean gem whispered into the green gem's ear. The only response she got was a little grumble.

Lapis rolled her eyes. "Peridot I know you can hear me.." She said into the little gem's ear. Peridot squirmed, rolling onto her side and wrapping her arms around Lapis.

Lapis smiled down at Peridot, she could now see some of Peridot's face. "C'mooooon Peri." Lapis said. She watched Peridot, who had a small frown on her face.

Peridot's eyes then fluttered open, they immediately looked up at Lapis. Peridot jumped up, letting go of Lapis. "Oh! Good morning Lazuli." The small gem blushed, sitting across from Lapis.

"Morning sleepy head. What's the matter?" Lapis asked, noticing the tone of shock in Peridot's voice. "N-nothing, I was just surprised to wake up like that. I forgot we had fallen asleep together." Peridot said, smiling awkwardly. "Oh, I see." Lapis smiled.

Peridot nodded, yawning and stretching her arms. "So did you sleep well? It sure seemed like you did." Lapis said. "Yes, I did sleep well. How about you, Lazuli?" Peridot asked.

"I slept great, especially with you cuddled up with me." Lapis winked. Peridot's face heated up, there was something about that wink. "Again with the wink, eh Lazuli?" Peridot chuckled.

"I guess." Lapis replied, winking again. Peridot smiled at her, looking at Lapis' hands. Lapis smiled back, looking down at her blue hands.

Peridot blushed and took a deep breath. She put her fingers on Lapis', looking away. Lapis looked down, she too was blushing.

The blue gem then fit their fingers together. Peridot's eyes looked at Lapis, a dark green blush on her face. Lapis had a small grin on her face, along with a dark blue blush.

They sat like this for a while, not speaking. They shot an occasional glance at one another, but nothing more. Peridot was cursing her feelings, while Lapis thought of Peridot.

The blue gem didn't know what her and Peridot were, but it was clear she had feelings for the little gem.

Romantic feelings.

Peridot, on the other hand, was confused. She had never felt this way before, never.

Lapis looked at Peridot, did she feel the same way? Probably not...

Lapis longed to know how Peridot felt, but she didn't want to ask. Peridot kept her eyes away from Lapis. This was awkward.

'Does Lazuli have these feelings?' Peridot asked herself, face heating up. Maybe Peridot should confront Lapis...