Fourteen

It had been a week, and that week was the best one of Peridot and Lapis' lives. They spent every second of it with eachother.

Today was rainy, so the two gems stayed upstairs on the couch in the barn. Lapis was cuddled next to Peridot, they were on episode ten of Camp Pining Hearts. Luckily for Lapis there was no thunder.

"So how many episodes are in season three?" Lapis asked, watching the TV. "Twenty three I think.." Peridot replied. "We're almost half way through." Lapis smiled.

"Almost." Peridot said, eyes still on the TV. Lapis watched, listening to every word. Peridot watched with wide eyes, as always.

The episode was almost over, but Peridot planned on making it half way through the season today. Lapis didn't really want to, but there was nothing else to do. The blue gem chuckled at one of the cheesy puns on the show, it made her think of the horrible puns Peridot told.

Lapis squeezed Peridot softly, still watching the TV. Peridot smiled and looked at Lapis for a second, she then looked back at the TV. The green gem pecked Lapis' cheek quickly.

Lapis blushed and smiled. She sighed and yawned, making Peridot smile. The episode was almost over with, and Lapis really didn't want to watch anymore.

The blue gem began to zone out, listening to the sound of the rain on the roof. For some reason she wanted to go outside. Lapis then let go of Peridot and stood.

"Lazuli what are you doing? The episode isn't over yet, there's still three minutes!" Peridot said. "It's only three minutes, let's go outside." Lapis replied. "It's raining remember?" Peridot asked.

"That doesn't matter." Lapis smiled, grabbing Peridot's hand and pulling her off the couch. Peridot groaned and followed Lapis down the ladder. "I wanna fly in the rain." Lapis said, looking out the large hole in the wall.

"Then go ahead but I'm not-" Peridot was cut off by Lapis dragging her outside. "Lazuli I told you I don't want to come out here!" The little gem exclaimed. Lapis' wings then outstretched.

"Get on my back." Lapis said, looking at Peridot. "Why?" Peridot asked, looking up at the water gem. "I wanna take you flying." Lapis replied.

"Fine." Peridot groaned. The small gem got on Lapis' back, and the ocean gem wrapped her arms around Peridot's legs and began to fly. Peridot nervously watched as the ground got smaller.

"Um Lazuli, I won't fall will I?" Peridot asked, eyes on the barn. "No, just be careful." Lapis said, smiling. Peridot watched the sky around her as Lapis flew higher, forgetting it was raining.

"Wow, it's.. nice up here." Peridot said. "Yeah." Lapis smiled, slowing down. Peridot looked around with wide eyes.

"It's very quiet, very peaceful." Lapis said. "Yeah, kinda like the barn." Peridot replied. "Kinda." Lapis repeated.

Lapis continued on, looking around. Peridot's fear of falling soon went away, she trusted Lapis. "So Lazuli, why did you want to take me up here?" The green gem asked.

"Oh uh, I don't know. I just thought you'd enjoy it." Lapis said, making sure she had a good hold of Peridot's legs so she didn't fall. "There has to be a reason." Peridot smiled. "There really wasn't." Lapis said, chuckling.

"Yes there was, I know it." Peridot said, squeezing Lapis' shoulders softly. "No there wasn't." Lapis giggled. Peridot raised an eyebrow, smiling.

"Is there a special place you're taking me to?" The small gem asked. "No Peridot." Lapis said, rolling her eyes. "Are you sure?" Peridot nagged playfully.

"Yes I'm sure, very sure." Lapis replied, trying not to smile. Peridot grumbled, "Liar!" She exclaimed. Lapis shook her head calmly, "I'm not lying." She said.

There was a moment of silence, and Peridot began reaching out to nearby clouds. "You know they aren't really fluffy right?" Lapis giggled. "Obviously, I-I just was... grrr nevermind!" Peridot said, flustered.

The ocean gem laughed at Peridot, who was now frowning. "So are we almost to the special place?" Peridot asked. "There's no special place." Lapis said.

"Yes there is, and that's where we're headed right now." Peridot said, looking at the back of Lapis' head. "Okay fine, if you want a special place I'll give you one." Lapis said, slightly annoyed. "Aha! So there is a special place!" Peridot exclaimed.

Lapis didn't reply, instead she began to fly down. "It's on the ground?" Peridot asked. Lapis still didn't answer.

Finally they got back down toward the ground, and Peridot saw the ocean. "Oh, the special place is the ocean." The little gem said. Lapis smirked and grabbed Peridot's feet, swinging her over her head and holding her upside down.

"Ah! Lazuli I'm upside down! What are you doing please don't drop me please!" Peridot shrieked. This made Lapis erupt into laughter. "Lazuli this isn't funny please put me back on your back!" Peridot yelled.

The blue gem smiled down at Peridot, who was still freaking out. It was funny to see her like this. An idea suddenly came to Lapis' mind.

She let go of Peridot.

The green gem let out a loud scream as she began to fall. Lapis then swooped down, grabbing Peridot and tucking her under her arm. Peridot was still panicking.

Peridot then realized she wasn't falling.

Lapis began to fly, flying back up towards the clouds. Peridot then felt a wave of anger wash over her. The little gem then noticed she was tucked under Lapis' arm.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Peridot shouted. Lapis smiled, "Surprise." Lapis sang. "Surprise my ass Lazuli, you really scared me back there!" Peridot said.

"You know I'd never do that Peridot." Lapis said, heading back to the barn. "Well for a minute you really had me thinking you would." Peridot said, frowning. "And why are you carrying me like this? It's... weird." The green gem said.

Lapis' blue eyes looked down at Peridot. "Because it's cute." The ocean gem replied. Peridot grumbled angrily.

"I'm not some kind of object to be tucked under your arm." Peridot said, both of her hands now holding onto Lapis' arm. "It's easier for me too." Lapis added. "Wouldn't it be easier for me to just sit on your back? I'm adding weight to this side of you, pulling you down slightly." Peridot said.

"If you want to be that way.." Lapis smirked. She then held Peridot under her, both arms wrapped around the small gem. Peridot's back was against Lapis' chest. "There, how's that? Now neither side of me is being pulled down." The water gem said.

"It's better, I guess. I just don't like how my feet dangle." Peridot replied. "Well there's nothing I can do about that." Lapis smiled. "I know." The little gem said.

They finally reached the barn, and Lapis landed softly. She was holding Peridot by her torso when they landed. The blue gem let Peridot go, wings going away.

"Hey, the rain cleared up." Lapis smiled. Peridot nodded, looking at the sky. Lapis then headed back into the barn, Peridot behind her.

They sat together on the floor, Lapis laying her head in Peridot's lap. "So, did you like flying?" She asked. "It was okay until you caused me to panic." Peridot said.

Lapis chuckled, "You know I was just playing. I love you." The blue gem said. "I love you too, and no I wasn't very sure that you were playing." Peridot smiled. Lapis giggled and snuggled close.

The blue gem closed her eyes, yawning. Peridot looked down at Lapis, a tiny smile on her lips. She then closed her green eyes, leaning her head on the wall.

"Hey Lazuli?"

"Yes Peridot?"

"Never do that again."