Thirty Three

Another week had passed, and everything seemed to be getting worse. The pain in Lapis' gem was almost unbearable now. Today was the worst day of them all, the pain in her gem was so bad she couldn't move.

"Owwwww..." Lapis groaned. Peridot looked at the blue gem, she was on the verge of tears. "Don't cry." Peridot said, taking her hand.

"It hurts." Lapis said, her blue eyes looking up at Peridot. "I know but I don't like to see you cry." Peridot said, blushing. "I can't help it." Lapis sniffled.

Peridot gently wiped the ocean gem's tears. "Here, it's okay." The green gem said, helping Lapis sit up. Lapis cuddled close to Peridot, trying not to cry.

"Maybe you should try to get some sleep, I know you haven't been sleeping lately." Peridot said. "Because I can't sleep, it hurts too much." Lapis replied. "Then how about you try now?" The little gem suggested.

"Okay." Lapis said with a yawn. The ocean gem relaxed, closing her eyes. Peridot smiled as Lapis yawned again.

Soon enough Lapis had fallen asleep, and so hadn't Peridot. Little did they know their lives were about to change.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Night had finally fallen, and something woke Lapis. A very sharp pain went through her gem, causing her eyes to shoot open. The blue gem clenched her fists, this was the worse pain her gem was radiating yet.

Lapis felt her hands begin to shake. She was scared, what was happening? Suddenly her gem began to glow, lighting up the barn.

This woke Peridot, who's eyes widened at the sight. "W-what?" The green gem said. Lapis looked at Peridot, tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay?!" Peridot exclaimed, all of her sleepiness going away. "N-no!" Lapis said, letting out a cry of pain. "Why is your gem glowing?!" Peridot said.

"I-I don't know... it really hurts!" Lapis replied. Her gem then began to pull her in air, causing them both to panic. "Get me down! What's going on?!" Lapis yelled, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I-I've got you Lazul!" Peridot exclaimed, pulling at Lapis' hands. It did no good, Lapis stayed put in the air. "P-Peri my gem.." Lapis said, pointing to it.

Peridot rushed behind Lapis, but she couldn't see that high up. The little gem's eyes frantically scanned the barn for something to stand on. "Aha!" Peridot exclaimed, grabbing the paint cans.

The small gem strapped the paint cans to her feet, they made her just the right height to see Lapis' gem. "The light hurts my eyes. I can't see well." Peridot said.

Lapis let out a cry of pain, more tears rolling down her cheeks. "W-what do I do?!" Peridot asked. "What's going on with it?" Lapis asked.

"Well, it's glowing. And its also lifted you off the ground." Peridot said, panicked. "I know that, but is there anything else?!" Lapis asked.

"Not that I see..." Peridot replied. Lapis groaned and covered her face with her hands. Peridot didn't know what to do, what was happening?!

"Guys!" A voice called, Peridot immediately recognized it as Steven. "Steven! What are you guys doing here?!" Peridot asked as the other three gems entered the barn. "Garnet was out when she heard your yelling and saw a light." Steven replied.

Peridot looked at the other gems, Garnet and Pearl seemed shocked. "Do you have any idea what's happening?!" Peridot exclaimed. Pearl and Garnet exchanged shocked glances, then they both looked back at Peridot.

Garnet hurried over to them, Pearl behind her. "Is she okay?!" Pearl asked, pointing to Lapis. "I think so." Peridot said, giving the blue gem a gentle poke.