Forty Two

It was a sunny day today, it was also very hot. Peridot, Lapis, and the gemlings were relaxing in the barn, which was nice and shady.

"Perry don't be so mean." Lapis said, pulling Perry off Bob. The two little gems had been playing, Perry had tackled Bob. The green gemling wiggled out of Lapis' hands then continued to play with Bob.

"She's not much of a good listener." Peridot chuckled. "You think?" Lapis smiled. "Oh, I know." Peridot replied.

"It's been so quiet here these past few days, and I'm still worried about Steven.." Lapis said. "Me too, but I'm sure he's alright. Maybe we could invite him and the others over?" Peridot suggested. "I'd love to have Steven over." Lapis grinned.

"How about we have Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl over too? We could throw some kind of Earth celebration as a thank you for their help with the gemlings!" Peridot exclaimed.

"That's a great idea Peri." Lapis said, her smile still on her face. "But how are we going to tell them?" Peridot asked. "I could fly us over." Lapis replied.

"Alright, let's go!" Peridot exclaimed. "One second, let me get the gemlings." Lapis said. The blue gem quickly handed them to Peridot.

Lapis then picked Peridot up by her torso. Her water wings outstretched, and she began to fly. Peridot held the gemlings close.

"To the Temple?" Lapis asked, looking down. "Yes." Peridot said. The green gem looked at the sight below them, everything looked so little.

Perry and Bob chirped happily as Peridot squeezed them closer. "They seem to like this." Peridot said. "Bob will be able to fly one day." Lapis smiled.

Soon enough they had reached the Temple. Lapis gently landed, letting go of Peridot. Peridot then handed the gemlings over to Lapis.

"I will go announce it, come on." Peridot said, taking Lapis' hand and dragging her to the door.

"STEVEN! IT'S US!" Peridot shouted. This took Lapis by surprise, making her jump. Peridot impatiently stared at the door, waiting for someone to open it.

"WE ARE OUT HERE!" Peridot yelled, slamming her fist against the door. The green gem groaned and slammed on the door again. "HELLO?!" The small gem shouted.

"Why don't you just go in?" Lapis asked. "Because that's rude here on Earth." Peridot replied. "Oh.. strange." Lapis said.

"IS ANYONE HOME?!" Peridot yelled. Finally the door opened to reveal Steven. "Sorry guys, we were watching a movie." Steven said.

"Come on in." He said, opening the door wider. Peridot hesitantly walked in, Lapis behind her. "It's nice seeing you guys again, what brings you to the Temple?" Steven asked.

"Before I tell you, go get the others." Peridot replied. "Okay." Steven smiled. He then turned around, looking up at his room.

"Hey guys, Peridot and Lapis came to visit!" He exclaimed. "We see." Garnet replied. "Well they want you to come down here!" Steven said.

The three gems quickly came down. "Yes?" Garnet asked. "Um, go on." Steven said to Peridot.

"Well uh.." Peridot said. "Spit it out dude." Amethyst said, earning a scowl from Pearl. "Lazuli and I wanted to throw an Earth celebration at the barn as a thank you for helping with the gemlings." The green gem said.

"You want to throw a thank you party for us?!" Steven exclaimed, a huge grin on his face. "If that's what you call it." Lapis said. "Thanks guys!" He exclaimed.

"So when is this party?" Pearl asked. "Ummm...." Peridot said, glancing over at Lapis. "Tomorrow!" The blue gem exclaimed.

"Tomorrow?" Peridot and Steven asked in unison. "Yes, tomorrow!" Lapis grinned. "Oh uh yes, tomorrow." Peridot smiled.

"Sounds like fun, right guys?" Steven asked the other gems. He got no response. "We'll be there." The boy then said.

"Alright, see you four tomorrow!" Peridot said. "Bye." Lapis said. The two gems then awkwardly made their way out the door.

"Tomorrow Lazuli, really?" Peridot asked, taking the gemling from the ocean gem. "Yes." Lapis replied. "But we don't have enough time!" Peridot exclaimed.

"We'll figure it out." Lapis smiled, picking Peridot up by her torso. The water gem took flight, heading back to the barn.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"And we could put those there!" Peridot said, gesturing to some Christmas lights. Earlier she had walked around Beach City, taking things out of peoples' garbage for decorations.

"Okay." Lapis smiled. The blue gem then wrapped the lights around the ladder. "Aren't these supposed to light up?" She asked.

"They need a power source.." Peridot said, scanning the wall for an outlet. She then found one, plugging the lights in. "Woah!" They said together.

The lights caught Perry and Bob's attention. The two gemlings crawled over, curious.

"Well, I think it looks great." Lapis smiled. "They will be amazed!" Peridot exclaimed. The two gems proudly looked around the barn, which was decorated with a lot of random things.

"I'm surprised humans just left this kind of stuff laying around." Lapis said. "Humans have little intelligence, they won't even notice we took their stuff." Peridot laughed. "Where did you find all of this stuff again?" Lapis asked.

"Humans leave it in these large things. They are just filled with all kinds of stuff! It doesn't smell pleasant in them though." Peridot said, shuddering at the memory of the horrible smells. "A few yelled at me. They called me 'bum' and 'creep'." Peridot continued. "What does that even mean?" Lapis asked with a snort.

"I have no idea." Peridot laughed. "Oh! Peri! I have an idea!" Lapis exclaimed. "What?!" Peridot asked.

"How about we also play our music tomorrow at the 'party'?" Lapis smiled. "That's a great idea Lazuli!" Peridot exclaimed. "I know right?!" Lapis grinned.

"This is going to be great, it'll knock the shirts right off them!" Peridot shouted. "Yeah!" Lapis exclaimed. "We are geniuses!" Peridot smiled.

Perry and Bob then began to pull at the bottom of Lapis' dress. The blue gem looked down at the gemlings. They were yawning.

"Oh, looks like we have some tired gemlings!" Lapis smiled. She then scooped them up, taking them to the mattress. There Lapis lay with them, Peridot following.

The gemlings soon fell asleep. Peridot shortly fell asleep after them. This left Lapis, who was wide awake.

"Goodnight my loves." The blue gem whispered, planting a kiss on each of their heads. Lapis then closed her eyes, tomorrow couldn't come sooner.