Twenty One

Peridot woke up by herself. The green gem's eyes scanned the barn for Lapis, where was she? "Lazuli?" Peridot said, throwing the blankets off her and getting up.

The small gem walked around the barn, then headed upstairs. Lapis wasn't up there either. "Lazuli where are you?" Peridot called.

Peridot climbed back down the ladder, heading outside. Maybe Lapis was in the pond. To Peridot's disappointment she wasn't.

Peridot walked all around the barn, she was very worried. "Lazuli?" The green gem said as she turned a corner. Peridot was now back in front of the barn.

The little gem groaned and sat down. "Where is she?" Peridot asked herself out loud. She felt a pit in her stomach, what if Lapis decided to leave her?

'That doesn't make sense, we haven't gotten into any disagreements lately..' Peridot thought. "Maybe she decided she doesn't love me anymore.. or maybe she's sick of being here." Peridot said to herself. The small gem felt tears in the corners of her eyes.

"What did I do?" Peridot asked, looking up at the sky. She never felt like this before, she felt..... weak. Is this how she would feel from now on?

Peridot tried to hold her tears back, what was going on with her? She had never felt this way over a gem, never! But no matter how much she tried to push these feelings away they came back stronger.

"Lazuli... I'm sorry for whatever it was that I did. Please come back.." Peridot said quietly, tears rolling down her cheeks. She tried to think of what she did to make Lapis leave, but nothing came to mind. Lapis seemed fine last night, now she was gone.

Peridot sat there for hours, pondering. She would start crying then stop, then start crying again. All she wanted was to hear Lapis' voice and hold her close.

Peridot looked at the sky, the sun was already setting. She had sat outside for this long?! The small gem walked inside gloomily, Lapis on her mind.

Peridot lay down on the mattress, tears rolling from her cheeks to the pillow her head was on. She wanted to feel Lapis squeeze her close, she wanted Lapis to nuzzle her face into her neck. All she wanted right now was Lapis.

Peridot was lost in thought when she heard something. It sounded like... water? The green gem sat up, her eyes sore from crying.

A familiar figure made its way into the barn.

Lapis!

Peridot hurried off the mattress, tackling the blue gem. "Ah! Peridot what are you doing?!" Lapis cried. Peridot felt even more tears rolling down her cheeks, but she didn't care.

The green gem squeezed Lapis as hard as she could, planting kisses all over her face. "Peridot what is this all about? And why are you crying?" Lapis asked, she couldn't help but smile at the little kisses she was receiving. Peridot wiped her tears and lay on Lapis, squeezing her.

"Peridot?" Lapis asked, hugging Peridot. "I thought you left me." Peridot said, snuggling close to Lapis. "Why would you think that? I went for a flight, I didn't realize how long I was gone.." The blue gem said.

"Are you joking me?" Peridot said, she sounded angry. The green gem crawled off Lapis, frowning. "W-whats the matter?" Lapis asked, sitting up.

"You couldn't tell me where you were going?! Lazuli I spent hours crying, thinking you were never coming back! And it turns out you went flying this whole time?!" Peridot shouted. "I-I didn't want to wake you up... I'm sorry Peri I-" Lapis was cut off. "I don't care if you didn't want to wake me up, you should have! I would have rather been woke up than cry for hours straight!" Peridot yelled.

"You really had me thinking I did something wrong! That I made you want to leave! That you didn't love me anymore!" Peridot continued. Lapis felt horrible now, and she began to cry. "Why are you crying?! You have no reason to cry!" Peridot said, holding back her own tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Lapis said, pulling Peridot close. "I would never leave you Peri, I'll always love you. Why would you think that?" Lapis said, her blue eyes meeting Peridot's green eyes. Peridot pulled away from Lapis, "Oh I don't know, maybe because you just decided to leave without telling me!" Peridot yelled.

"I'm sorry!" Lapis cried, balling her fists. Peridot looked at Lapis, she really was crying... but why? "Why are you crying Lazuli? You have no reason!" Peridot said.

"Because I don't like when you yell at me! And I feel horrible Peridot, I'm sorry." Lapis replied, looking down. "I wouldn't have to yell at you if you would've just told me where you were going!" Peridot said, trying not to yell. She really hated to see Lapis cry.

"I'm sorry! How many times do I have to say that?! I feel terrible Peridot, I'd never ever leave you." Lapis said, more tears rolling down her cheeks. Peridot shook her head, "Don't cry." She said. Lapis looked at Peridot, biting her bottom lip.

"I didn't mean to make you cry Lazuli, I'm sorry for yelling. You just really... had me worried." Peridot said. "I didn't mean to, and I'm really sorry Peri." Lapis replied. Peridot then hugged her tightly.

Lapis hugged Peridot back, burying her face into Peridot's neck. Peridot closed her eyes and rested her head on Lapis'. "I love you Lazuli." Peridot said quietly.

"I love you too Peri." Lapis said, her tears going away. The blue gem pulled her head out of Peridot's neck. She then looked into the green gem's eyes.

Peridot cupped Lapis' face in her hands and kissed her softly. Lapis felt herself blush, and she kissed Peridot back. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, after it was over Lapis buried her face back into Peridot's neck.

"Hey Lazuli?"

"Yeah?"

"Next time you go somewhere, I'm going with you."

"Okay."