Twenty Eight

"Ooooh my gosh, you two fused?!" Steven exclaimed, jumping up and down. "Yes Steven, we fused." Lapis smiled, looking at Peridot. Peridot nodded in response.

It had been a few days since Lapis and Peridot had fused. Today Steven came to the barn to visit, and they decided to tell him.

"What was it like?" Steven asked, eyes wide. "It was nice." Peridot replied, smiling up at Lapis. "Could you do it again? I really wanna see!!" Steven asked, looking from Lapis to Peridot.

"Mmm.... not right now." Lapis said, glancing at Peridot. The green gem gave the water gem a thumbs up. "Sorry Steven." Lapis frowned.

"It's okay, could you at least tell me your fusion's name?" Steven asked with a smile. "Aquamarine." Lapis grinned. Peridot smiled and nodded, "That's our fusion's name." She said.

"Aquamarine... nice!" Steven grinned. Lapis chuckled and took Peridot's hand in her own. Peridot quickly glanced at their hands, chuckling with Lapis.

Steven immediately noticed and smiled even bigger. "Awww, you guys are so cute!" He exclaimed. Lapis blushed, looking down at Peridot.

Peridot looked at the ground, grumbling. "Thanks Steven." Lapis then said, gently squeezing Peridot's hand. "No problem." Steven said.

"So what have you guys been up to lately? Besides fusion of course." Steven asked. "Oh, nothing." Lapis replied. "I've been trying to figure out how to fix the hole in the barn." Peridot chimed in.

"Oh yeah, and how's that going?" Steven asked. "Not so good.. Lazuli won't help me." Peridot answered, shooting a look at Lapis. "I don't know how to fix it." Lapis smiled, trying not to laugh.

"Well I don't either, so a little help would be nice!" Peridot exclaimed. "Maybe I can help you Peridot." Steven said, trying to solve the problem. "Thank you Steven but that won't be necessary, I was the one who damaged your building." Peridot replied.

"No its fine, it'll be fun!" Steven smiled. "See, there's your help." Lapis said, grinning at Peridot. "And you can help too Lapis! We can all work together!" Steven exclaimed.

"Oh Steven, I don't know.." Lapis said, looking at the boy. "Aw c'mon Lapis, do it for me and Peridot!" Steven begged. Lapis looked at Steven for a moment, then sighed.

"Alright, I guess I'll help you guys." Lapis said, rolling her eyes. "Yay!" Steven beamed, hugging the blue gem. Peridot chuckled and tightened her grip on Lapis' hand.

Lapis hugged Steven back, laughing. "We probably won't be able to work on it today, though. I don't have any supplies." Steven said, pulling away from the hug. Lapis looked down at Steven, "It's okay." The ocean gem replied.

"Well we should start working on it soon, it's an inconvenience." Peridot said. "You're the one who made it." Lapis reminded her. Peridot blushed and muttered to herself, looking away.

"Don't worry Peridot, we'll start working on it shortly." Steven smiled. "Alright." Peridot said. "So Steven, now that we've discussed what we've been up to let's talk about you. What have you been up to?" Lapis asked.

"Nothing really, I've just been hanging out with Connie and the Gems. Sometimes Dad, too." Steven replied. "Sounds like fun." Lapis smiled, a breeze gently blowing her blue hair. "Yeah, you guys should come to the Temple some time!" Steven exclaimed.

"I would enjoy visiting the Temple again." Peridot smiled. "I've never been there, I'd love to see it." Lapis added. "Alrighty then, we'll have to find a day!" Steven grinned.

"But are you sure it's okay with the others?" Lapis asked. "They'll be fine with it, I'm sure they'll be glad to see how you two are doing! I know Garnet will be happy to hear you fused!" Steven winked. Lapis and Peridot chuckled quietly, looking at their hands.