Four

It was early, and Peridot was propped up against the wall sleeping. Steven had arrived at the barn with the music she asked for, and he quietly made his way in. "Hey, Peridot." The young boy whispered as he poked Peridot's shoulder.

"Nnngh..." Peridot groaned sleepily. The little green gem opened her eyes, and frowned at Steven. "I have your music." Steven whispered.

Peridot's tired eyes came to life, and she smiled. "You do?" The small gem whispered excitedly. Steven nodded and pulled out a CD.

"I got some songs for you guys burned onto it. I'm not sure what you guys like to listen to, so I included a variety of things." Steven smiled, handing the CD to Peridot. "Thank you Steven, Lazuli is gonna love this!" Peridot smiled, taking the CD and looking at it. "No problem! I better get back to the temple, I have plans with Connie today." Steven said, looking over at Lapis, who was still asleep.

"Who's Connie?" Peridot asked, following Steven out of the barn. "She's a human friend of mine. Don't worry, you'll meet her sometime. Bye Peridot." Steven said as he got on Lion. "Oh, okay. Bye." Peridot said.

The green gem waited until Steven and Lion had left to go back in the barn. Peridot studied the CD, it had Steven's handwriting on it. The writing on it read

'Peridot and Lapis mix'

Peridot looked over at Lapis, who looked very peaceful while asleep. What was Peridot going to do before Lapis woke up? Suddenly, an idea hit her.

The little green gem began to stretch, and yawned. Peridot had just finished her stretches when she saw Lapis' eyes flutter open. The blue gem rubbed her eyes softly and looked at Peridot.

"Good morning." Lapis yawned. Peridot watched as the water gem stood. "Good morning Lazuli." Peridot smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" Lapis asked, stretching a little bit. "No reason." Peridot said, hiding the CD behind her back. "Okay. Well I'm gonna go stretch my wings for a bit, I haven't used them in a few days." Lapis said, her wings forming.

Peridot's eyes widened at Lapis' wings. She had never seen them up close. "Okay." The green gem said.

Lapis smiled and took off, flying out of the hole in the barn. 'Now's the perfect time.' Peridot thought, taking the CD out from behind her back. The little gem walked over to the CD player, and tried to figure out how to work it.

After five minutes of complete frustration, Peridot opened the player and got the CD out. She then placed the CD Steven gave her in. "Ha! Now when Lazuli goes to play music, she'll be surprised!" Peridot smiled, sitting the other CD on the ground next to the CD player.

Peridot noticed Lapis was coming back, and she hurried back to her corner of the barn. The little gem tried to act casual. "Hey Lazuli. How was your little flight?" Peridot asked as Lapis flew in.

"It felt nice." Lapis said, wings going away. The blue gem began to dance, and Peridot sat and watched. "You sure do dance a lot." The little gem said.

"I know. It's makes me feel calm, it's relaxing." Lapis replied as she danced over on Peridot's side. Peridot watched the ocean gem dance, containing her excitement. Lapis noticed Peridot was watching, and she danced over to the little gem.

"Wanna dance?" Lapis asked. Peridot smiled and nodded, "Music." "Okay." Lapis said, and danced over to the CD player.

Lapis pressed the play button and danced back to Peridot. She wrapped her blue arms around Peridot's waist as Peridot wrapped her green arms around Lapis' neck. The new music began to play, and Lapis looked confused.