Part One

Ash' POV

The doors were right in front of me but I can't seem to get my hand to turn the knob and enter her room. I called Kim last night to ask how Cheryl was doing and I got a brief answer of "She's worse." Of course, I was worried about her. I still care about her. But, I'm afraid that she won't accept me back-not after what I've done to her. I've committed something unforgivable and I know it. You don't know how mad I am with myself. I had the most wonderful, beautiful, sweet and caring person in the world and I took her for granted.The media is not helping me either. Every article that goes out there tears us even more apart.

Even if I enter the room right now, I can't fix this in a day. I may not even fix this at all.

My phone rang, breaking my line of thought. It's Ian.

"Hey." I answered the call. I slowly walked away from the door and walked my way out of the hospital.

"Did you see her?" I can feel Ian's worry just from his voice.

"Errr... yeah. She was sleeping when I came though. So I left early." I lied. I opened my car door and started the engine.

"Oh okay... I just thought that you could bring flowers with you so I bought some. I guess I'll just have to bring her these myself. Later,bro."

Uggh... I.am.such.a.failure. I didn't even think of that! I hit my head on the steering wheel. I am so clearly not myself.

I drove away, as fast as my car could take me. I really don't know what's happening with me.

Ian's POV

As I parked my car, I saw Cheryl's mom walking towards the entrance of the hospital. She looked depressed. That's expected. What mother wouldn't be when her daughter is in danger of dying?

I got out of my car and caught up with her.

"Ms. Callaghan." I called after her. She turned around.

"Oh it's you,Ian." She said not quite being herself. Her eyes were full of pain and something that says 'what are you doing here?'

"Uuhh... I just came by to see Cheryl." I lifted the bouquet for her to see.

"Thanks. Come." She simply said. I was hoping that I would still be welcomed. After all, I am the best friend of probably the most hated person by Cheryl's family.

Ash is just so reckless and stupid sometimes. I know he recognizes me as his best friend but sometimes I don't know how he decides on his life decisions. We get along fine but there's a big difference between us. He's a player, I'm not.

When I entered the room, I was horrified at what I saw. Numerous tubes were attached to her like she was in some alien movie. Seriously. I placed the flowers by her side and sat near her. My heart ached. I wanted to hold her hand. I wanted her to give my life if I could. I knew to myself that she was special to me. However, I never had the chance to show that to her. She loved my best friend first. That's the worst thing that happened to me. Nevertheless, I stood by watching them being happy together, content that at least she was happy.

I fought the tears that were forming in my eyes. I really hope that she gets through this.

I looked at her pale face. Stupid Ashley. Of course, she would be asleep most of the time. He couldn't even spend time with her.

" When is she going to be okay?" I asked her mom.

She looked down. From the look of her face, it must be bad news. I talked about another thing.

"Did you see Ashley this morning?"

"No, and I wouldn't like to see his face around here." She said in a bitter tone.

My initial reaction was: What? I thought he said he came here...That liar.

I kept my mouth shut. We talked about other things for a while. I excused myself when Ash gave me a call.

"You liar!" I hissed at the phone.

"I'm sorry. I just can't do it."

"You are a cheat. A coward! Why did you have to lie about this?"

He stayed silent.

"Hey... aren't you going to say anything? Hello?? COLE! Are you still there?"

"Yeah... I need your help."