Part 44

Cheryl's POV

"I thought I told you before that when I'm with my girlfriend, you guys keep out." Ian said bitterly at Paul. I didn't really wanna butt in so here I am... just sitting by the window while I try not to listen but I can't. I have no choice but to hear. Paul is standing by my side and Ian is across the table from me. This is getting quite uncomfortable. Why did I sit here anyway?

"Sorry, sir. Something came up-"

"What is it?" Ian abruptly asked.

"Your father asked us to see to it you come home safe." Paul said.

Ian raised his brow at Paul. "I see... why?"

"I believe Mr. Daugherty will be the one to explain." Paul said, referring to Ian's dad.

Ian sighed. "You can go."

Paul silently walked to the back of the plane, leaving Ian and me.

"Why are you so angry? They're just trying to protect you..." I said.

"Do I look like I'm angry?" Ian suddenly smirked.

"Yes? No....I don't know." His face is so hard to read right now. And I thought I have mastered all of Ian's facial expressions...

"I'm just annoyed. That's it. I was just wondering why they would ignore a very specific order." Ian said.

"Now, you know it's because of your father and you're okay already?"

"Yeah. He always has a good reason." Ian said looking like he is in deep thoughts. "Maybe...they've tracked down that no good son of a bi- gun." Ian glanced at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Just say it. B I T C H." I said slowly.

Ian glared at me. "Haha. No."

"It's not like you're using it to me so you wouldn't really break your promise... And that guy is really a stupid bastard." I said.

"Fine. He's a son of a bitch." Ian's eyes flared with anger. I swear he looked so scary I almost called Paul back.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not your enemy." I leaned away from him.

He flashed a smile. "Sorry."

"You are creeping me out." I said honestly. "You remind me of The Joker from Batman."

"So... New York..." Ian changed the subject. "What shall we do there?"

"Hmmm... watch how my boyfie does his business...?" I suggested.

"Noooooooo...." Ian pouted.

"Awww... you never let me into your office. It's so unfair. I let you into my dressing room everytime." I winked at him.

"Cheryl..." He smiled at me, probably remembering some memories..."Why would you want to watch me do my work? It's boring." Ian said.

"Because you look so damn hot when you're serious." I smirked. Ian chuckled.

"That's it?" Ian leaned towards me.

I bit my lip and nodded. Ian leaned back and looked at me with those eyes -the ones that make you feel like he could see through you and read your mind.

"Ian...?" Huhu, I feel like jelly but somehow I'm really turned on. Strange. I've seen many people's serious bossy faces but no one could ever make me feel like this but him. I swear his looks can kill.

"Yes, Ms. Cole? Is there something you want to say?" He continued to look at me that way and he's using that tone-his authoritative, powerful, and intimidating voice. I'm actually quite impressed. I think he may be even worse than Simon Cowell..