Part 59

Erik's POV

I observed some kind of commotion inside. The alarms suddenly rang. I prepared myself but then I realized it wasn't me whom they're after. A car garage opened and a silver Mercedes-Benz sped off. Is it Ian? Shit. With all the concentration on the car, I easily blended in the chaos. I kept my head down. I saw men pulling bodies out of a room. I recognized them as Logan, Ivan and some other guy. He killed them? I went to another car garage and joined the chase with a huge SUV, not giving a shit to Logan and Ivan, they can burn in hell.

I checked my watch and in only 10 minutes Paul and his team would be here. I just hope Ian can drive well enough. I called Paul to give him info on where we are. I slammed some of the cars that were chasing them. Some crashed at walls and some rolled over. The car started to slow down because of the damage it took. There were still three black cars left that's chasing Ian's car. I got my gun out and started to shoot at them since they we're just about 7 meters away.

Suddenly, two cars in front of me skidded for no reason. When I looked, Ian's car was totally wrecked. My heart jumped and I floored it. I let my car crash on the other car as I jumped out of it. I aimed at the guys who were stuck in the car that my car crashed with and just shot them in cold blood. I could feel the adrenaline run through my veins. I felt someone shoot me at the back and I turned and shot him in the head. I went to the other car for cover and shot at the remaining enemies I have. I was so furious, I didn't care if I was hurt. I was on a rampage.

I breathed heavily and I rushed towards the driver's seat only to find it wasn't Ian on the wheel...it's Janella. She stirred a little and I know she's alive.

"Don't move. It's okay, it's over." I said to her. I cleared the airbags out of the way so she could breathe better.

"Erik...Ian..." She muttered. I immediately went to check Ian in the other side of the car. He was totally beat up. I don't know how I can move him out without making him worse. I tried to recall what my 'pals' would do whenever there are situations like this. I certainly can't call an ambulance. I called Paul informing him about what happened.

Janella stood by me, cradling her injured left arm.

"What are you doing!? You might have broken bones or something?" I said worriedly.

"I know how to take care of myself. We need to get him to a hospital. Fast." She said.

[two weeks later]

Cheryl's POV

Ian is really gone. But, I can't accept it. The girls tried their best to comfort me even Nadine came to visit but I just wanted to be alone. I miss him a lot. I feel like there's a huge part of me that's missing. I've lost my mind. I heard a soft knock on the door. I sensed Kimberley peeking by the door.

"Chez, I brought you lunch..." She said.

"Just put it there." I said, not even looking at her.

"And let it spoil again? Come on Chez... you haven't eaten a proper meal since..." She didn't continue what she's going to say but I know what it is. Since Ian went missing.Tears fell from my eyes just by the thought of it. I'm still hoping he's still somewhere out there. Anything but dead. I sank at the thought of death. It's too cruel. Ian is such a good person, he doesn't deserve to die at such a young age. I shook my head. Why am I thinking about that? Hes alive... He's alive... He'll come back for me.

Kimberley placed the food by the side table and climbed onto the bed with me. I felt her gentle hands touch my shoulder.

"I... I wish I know what to say...I know it's hard, but please just don't neglect yourself." Kimberley said.