Part 63

Jane's POV

I did what I could. When Cheryl's first video from her album was released last April, I immediately made Ian watch it with me. It didn't really trigger any of his memories. Or maybe he did, he just didn't say anything... I don't know. All I got fom him was: "Wow... That's cool." And when I asked him about what he thought about Cheryl, he said that she's beautiful but not really his type. I couldn't believe it.

I thought this would be easy. But... I need him to go back to London and see her for himself. Only, there's one more problem. Cheryl has a boyfriend. Tre Holloway. And they're probably having the time of their lives during that tour. Well, at least, I have to help Ian get his memories back. I think it's his right -whatever the outcome is. I miss them together though. He used to smile everyday when he is with Chez. Now, he's just so serious all the time -especially when Dianne already shared their story and said that they're not really together anymore to him. I know. It's shocking. I never thought she'd do that. Maybe, her conscience got the better of her. However, she still didn't say anything about him and Cheryl which is kinda okay because he might freak out if he knew and his feelings weren't with him. Maybe that's why Dianne didn't want to help him right away in the first place. I really can't understand her. Sometimes I think she's evil and crazy but there are times that she's not...

I looked at the two plane tickets in my hand. I just have to kind of disguise Ian. No one else could know Ian has a twin. The "organization" may be destroyed but we won't know for sure if everyone is dead. I mean, yes, Erik and I did kill all the known leaders but... it's just not safe to go out in the open. If someone recognized him, it's trouble for everybody even Joe's credibility will suffer. If they discover that Erik doesn't even have a high school diploma and yet he's running the company... Okay, I'm overthinking stuff. Just get the tickets and go!

Ian's POV

Jane asked me to go with her to London today. That girl is crazy. Seriously. I thought everyone agreed that I'd be staying here in the US for both the safety of me and my bother. I've decided to just let him experience the life I had once had. His life had been tough and I wanted him to live like a normal person after all that has happened to him. I know he's using my name but that's okay. I guess... Well, I didn't really change mine. I mean, there are so many Ian Daugherty's in the world. No one would really notice on record. Okay, maybe I should let Paul get me a new name, just in case...

I texted Jane that I'm too busy with work and I just can't go to another country all of a sudden. She called me immediately afterwards.

"Please! You have to watch a concert with me. Remember when you lost to me one time and you said you'd do anything I say for a week. Well, this is THE week." She said.

"You should have told me that it's gonna be this week... I already have too many things on my schedule." I complained.

"Ian..." She pleaded. "Okay, just for 2 days that's all I ask. You know, it'll be a lot worse if you let me control you for a week." She said.

"Alright..." I reluctantly said. "I'll meet you at the airport."

"Yes! Thanks Ian! Don't back out or else I'm gonna kill you." She said.

"You always say that but you never do..." I laughed.

"Pssh... whatever. See you later." She said before she hanged up.

I pocketed my phone just as I reached Dianne's office.

"Hey!" Dianne smiled at me.

"Hi..." I smiled back. "Can I talk to you?"

"Yeah..." She let me sit down.

"I know that you wanted me to move on but-"

"Ian..." She looked nervously at me.