Part Seven

Cheryl's POV

I couldn't sleep. I just stared into the darkness. I knew something bad was going to happen if I talked to him. But I still did...Aghh. I'm so stupid.

Ashley left me really confused. He told me that it was Ian's schemes that had set us apart. But, what does Ian have to do with anything? Then, he told me that Ian has loved me a long time ago.

My heart tells me that he's just using Ian to convince me that he didn't do anything wrong. I wouldn't be fooled anymore. If Ian really loves me then that's great. I just can't believe that he would use him. He's become such a liar. I can't believe that I married myself to a stranger. I had really been blind.

Our conversation kept on replaying on my mind. I felt bad for him. I wanted to give him another chance. But, I can't trust him anymore.

I dismissed my thoughts about that. Then, I thought of what my feelings are for Ian. Do I feel these things for him because of gratitude or am I really falling for him? I thought about our kiss earlier and yes I know that I'm attracted to him and seem to like him more than a friend. But, is it true that he has loved me all along?

I heard my door open and I saw Ian bringing me a cup of hot choco.

"Couldn't sleep?" Ian sat beside me.

"How did you know?" I sat up. This alien really knows me too well. It's disappointing that I know so little about him.

He blew on the cup and gave it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

He nodded. His phone suddenly rang.

"Hello?" He answered. Who would call him in the middle of the night? And why do I feel so jealous?

"Dad. I know." He got up and around the room. Relief came over me when I heard that.

"Okay fine. I'll go there immediately." He grunted.

He made another call. "Paul, can I ask you a favor?"

"I know it's late but can you..." I didn't hear him anymore.

He turned back to me.

"I have to go for a while. My bodyguard is going to be here in a minute. He'll watch out for you..." He said.

He walked towards me. And it's weird that I wished he would come even closer.

"Take care. Okay?" He kissed me on the forehead. I felt something go down my spine. Why does he have that effect on me?

Then while I was staring at him, lost in his eyes, I saw his brows meet.

"You're hot." I thought he meant hot like that but I figured he wasn't talking about that when he checked my temperature.

I wasn't even aware that I was feeling bad.

Ian's POV

I can't leave her like this. Besides, what my dad asked of me is simple. I can do that right here.

I texted Paul. .

I changed my mind. Just get the Japan files and bring it to me. Then you can go ahead afterwards. Sorry for bothering you.

In a few minutes, I got the files and I did my work while I watched out for Cheryl. I already let her take some medicine so her fever should come down.

Even if I wanted to really concentrate on my work, I can't. I am so curious about what Ashley has talked about with her. I don't want him to ruin what's going on for me and Cheryl now.

I felt her head fall on my chest. I could smell her scent. I brushed her hair from her face and just held her close. I won't be able to see her in a month and you don't know how much that saddens me. To be so close to the one person you love and then be so far away in a second.. And I haven't been able to say that I love her.

"Even if you don't hear me right now, I just want to let you know... I love you. I always have and I'll always will. No matter what happens." I kissed the top of her head.

I checked the time and it's already 4 am... How time flies by... I sighed.

I gently laid her head on a pillow and left.

Ash's POV

I heard the guy has left for Japan. What do you plan to do?

I felt a smile creep on my face. Finally.