Part Nine

Cheryl's POV

I woke up from the most wonderful dream I've had in months. My eyes surveyed around the room. Something is lacking. I suddenly thought about Ian. Ugghh... why do I feel like I miss him already? I smiled when I thought of what he just did for me last night. I didn't even feel like I should bother with Ash anymore. I just wanted him.

I walked out of the room after I took a quick shower. Just as I stepped out, I smelled bacon and omelettes. Hmm... seems like he's really serious of taking care of me.

I snuck up to him and covered his eyes. I felt him stiffen.

"Uhmm... Ma'am..." A different voice said. Oh shit! Who is this?

"Oh my god! Who are you?! Get out before I call the police." I shouted at him.

He raised his hands. "I was sent by Ian. He told me to take care of you while he is away."

I felt myself relax a little. "Where is he?" I crossed my arms.

"He must be in Japan now. Would you like to have your breakfast already?" I don't even know his name.

"By the way, I'm Paul." He said. Aliens, aliens everywhere. Am I the only one not able to mindread?!

"I'm Cheryl." I just said and I sat to eat.

Soon my phone was buzzing...

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning! How is my baby?" I heard Ian's voice through the phone.

"Baby?" I asked as I felt my heart run a thousand miles per hour.

"Yeah... Fortis!" He said quite cheerfully. Ugghh... that's a shame.

"And I thought you were referring to me..." I slipped. Oh. my. god. Cheryl what is wrong with you? I could imagine my face turning red right now.

And there was complete silence on the phone.

"Uggh... okay. How's my mommy?" I didn't expect that.

I smiled to myself.

"Mommy is missing daddy." I said then realizing what a flirt I am.

"Daddy misses you too... sooo much." Ian said sweetly.

I turned serious again. "So, when are you going to come back? "

"In a month."

"A month?!" Oops, I guess I spoke too loud even Paul looked at me.

"I am so sorry... work came up and I have to personally go myself. By the way, how's breakfast?"

"A little salty." I said honestly.

"Well, that makes sense. He's paid to kill not cook."

"You sent a killer in my freakin' house?" My shoulders straightened and glared at Paul.

"Don't worry. He wouldn't dare do anything with you. You're safe. I'll make it up to you when I get back. I'll cook for you myself." He said.

"Promise?" I grinned in excitement.

"Yeah, anything for you. So, it's a date?" He asked with a little nervousness in his voice.

I felt so excited that my everything is exploding. I nodded then realized he couldn't see me. "Yes. I'd like that."