Part Four

Ian's POV

I was supposed to meet Ash so we could talk. Well, I ditched him. I don't know if I could still keep my temper with him.

When we were at the police station, his attitude really changed. It's like I don't know him anymore. He even tried to blame all the fighting on me. The police didn't believe him, clearly he was drunk. I didn't press charges though. Of course, I wouldn't.

Cheryl is going to be checked out now. I decided to just text Ash that I couldn't make it and spend some more time with her.

"Hello." I called Kim.

"Hey, Ian. I am so glad you called." I recognized a geordie accent and I checked if I called the right number. It's Kim's but I know it's Cheryl.

"Uggh... Kim I think you are spending too much time with Cheryl. YOU EVEN GOT HER ACCENT!" I said sarcastically.

"Dummy! It's me Cheryl." She giggled.

"Yeah... I was messing with you. How are you doing?" I asked.

"Before I answer that... Why did you call Kim first and not me?"

Hmm... Why did I?

"I thought newly released patients were not allowed to have phones. I mean... you know... phones. They're so dirty, they've got all these different bacteria around." I said. I am so not funny.

"What a nerd!" I heard her sweet laugh on the phone. It's like music to my ears. I smiled to myself.

"Hey, are you home yet?" I asked suddenly.

"I am on my way." She said. I could imagine her still smiling.

"Hmmm... ok. Beat you there. Bye."

" Wha-" I hanged up. Oops that was rude.

I got my car keys and rushed outside. I called out for Fortis.

"Fortis! Come on buddy. It's time to go!"

Out of the bushes, he padded along the pavement and got into the front seat of my Ferrari.

"Good boy!" I slid on the hood to get to the other side and started to drive to Cheryl's house.

Cheryl's POV

That was rude. Oh well, I'm just going to make sure he pays for that later.

My mom and Kim accompanied me to the house. As we enter the driveway, I already saw Ian's car. Then I noticed that I felt a lot safer and happier when I think of him. I know his best friend is Ash but I know I shouldn't let that hinder us from being friends. He's just so caring and thoughtful.

Kim helped me get out of the car and I saw a wheelchair waiting for me.

"What is that?" I raised a brow.

"It's for you." Kim said leading me to it.

"I can enter my own home without that. Thank you." I walked and soon regretted that I didn't take the wheel chair. My legs were still weak and it's like I'm a toddler learning to walk for the first time.

I heard someone giggle behind me and before I could see who it is, I got swooped up and I was face to face with Ian. God, his face was so close to me and I can't help but adore his very good-looking face. The eyes... gosh.. It's like you could see the universe in them.

"Close your eyes." he said.

Usually, I would act stubborn but I surprised myself by obeying his word almost immediately.

Once he put me down, he still supported me by wrapping his arm around me. My heart fluttered and I felt all the electricity between us. What is this? I never had this before with him.

"Okay, ooopeenn.." He said.

When I opened my eyes, we were at my garden.

I looked at him with questioning eyes. Err... What's with the garden?

I think he got what I was thinking and he pointed a finger to my side with a big grin on his face. When I turned, I saw this cute little puppy. It's a labrador choco. How cuddly!!

"Aaawww.... you got him for me?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes... his name is Fortis." He said as he squatted beside Fortis and stroked his fur.

"God... he. is. so. cute!" I sat beside him and carried Fortis in my arms like a baby.

"He is, isn't he?" Ian chuckled.

"Thank you!! Thank you!!" I just wanted to peck him on the cheek.

Ian's POV

"I think you deserve this." I heard her say.

I was still looking at Fortis when I turned my head to face her and ask what I did deserve...

Then, I felt her soft lips meet mine. And my heart jumped and I was awakened to a whole new level. My instinct was to pull away and she did just the same. I know that that wasn't supposed to happen. An awkward atmosphere surrounded us.

"That was... uhm..." She started to explain and I quickly understood her.

"Alright." I said cutting her off. I quickly thought of a way to make the awkwardness go away. "Let's forget that that happened and take two." I tapped my cheek with my finger and leaned closer to her.

She let out a big grin and punched me lightly on the shoulder.

"Cheeky!" She laughed.

"What... so you're not going to take two?" I used my puppy dog face.

"Okay but let my little friend over here do it for me." She lifted Fortis to my face.

And I was staring at his drool. Oh gosh... this is going to be sloppy.

"Okay.okay." I turned my cheek towards him.

"Nu-uh." Cheryl tutted. And I felt her hands on my cheek and turned my head to face Fortis.

"What?" I grimaced.

"You said take two, right? Same scene, exact spot." She giggled.

"Oh man... I wanted to save your kiss." I whined.

"Come on... Fortis will be jealous. Right, baby?" Fortis barked. Really? A few minutes with her and he's already taking her side.

"Fine. Come to daddy." I held Fortis and kissed him. Even my nose got wet. Eek!

I looked at Cheryl with a silly grin on my face. I think she read my thoughts and she bolted away.

"Hey! Where are you going? You can't run. You just recovered." I shouted after her.

She ran slower and beads of sweat were forming on her forehead.

"Yeah well, don't I get some head start because of that?" She struggled to say as she panted heavily.

"Ad misericordiam." I ran after her. I caught her waist and we swung around, her back against my chest.

"Alright, I quit!" She said. "And stop using fancy words! You know I don't understand them." She laughed.

I wiped my face on her shoulder, transferring Fortis' saliva to her. As my face touched her skin, my whole being tingled. I wanted to hold her like this forever. Too bad she's not mine...yet.

"Yeah, and by the way... who said you could be Fortis' daddy?" She glared at me.

"Uhmm... me?" I said.

"Really? hmm..." She pouted her lips.

"Yeah... I'm daddy. You are mommy." I grinned like a 3 year old kid. "And we could play house all day!" I clapped my hands and batted my eyes.

She laughed so hard about that. "Okay daddy, let's go get our baby and have dinner." She played along.

She invited me inside her house and I followed right behind her in case she needed support or something.