Part 37

Ian's POV

When I got back home, the lights were still on. I kept feeling regretful because of the thing I just did. Is it really justifiable? No. Okay. I just answered my own question. Damn it.

I opened the front door and went straight into the bar and get me some alcohol. I did the right thing. I tried to convince myself. But, it just feels wrong. And I hate feeling this way. I downed more shots.

"Ian?" I heard Cheryl's voice behind me. "Are you okay?"

She sat beside me. I looked at her and I felt tears forming in my eyes. I immediately looked away and focused my eyes on the glass I have in between my hands. Oh crap. Don't cry. You're such a big guy. I don't even know why I felt like crying suddenly.

I felt her arms around me and I just bursted in tears.

"Everything's going to be okay..." She looked into my eyes and wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"I don't want him to get away with it." I said.

"He won't. I'm sure the investigators will catch the one who did this soon." She said.

"Yeah... that's if the guy is still alive." I slurred my words. Fuck alcohol.. What did I just say? Nah... I continued to drink more.

Cheryl stared at me.

"What?" I said. My eyes were getting heavy.

"What do you mean by if the guy is still alive?" Cheryl asked.

I shrugged. I don't want to tell her that now. She handed me another glass. I smiled weakly.

"Thanks." I raised the glass to her and drank it all with one gulp. After a few more, everything seems to be fuzzy now.

But, I didn't care.

Cheryl's POV

He'll surely be angry at me once he's sober. But, I needed to know if he was hiding something.

"What are you going to do about it?" I finally spoke up again. After pouring for him, shot after shot.

"I'll have the bastard killed." He said.

I wish he hadn't been serious. I really do but I just feel like he's really on edge now. Ian looked at me and I tried to hide my shocked and worried look on my face.

I shrugged. "I'd say that too."

"Yeah... I asked a favor from Paul to track 'em down and slit his throat." He paused for a while, maybe thinking back on what he just said. My heart started to pound like hell. I'm definitely freaking out. He is serious. "Well, not really Paul but his friend will." He said.

Dianne was right. As usual. Uggh...And I can't believe Ian actually did that. Now, this explains the drinking. He's probably drowning the guilt. I didn't expect that. I didn't know he was capable of that. Oh god... I shouldn't have let him out of this house.

"I'll just go to the bathroom." I excused myself. I immediately called Dianne.

Dianne's POV

I answered my phone, already knowing who it could be.

"Hey Cheryl." I said.

"Hi... He talked to Paul earlier-" She started to say.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all about that." I said.

"It's okay. But... I'm really worried. Do you think he's going to really do it?"

"Well... he's probably driven by his emotions right now so.... yeah. He would. That's why I need you to talk him out of it." I said.

"Err... can't you be the one to talk to him?" She asked.

"I think he'd listen to you more than me, honey." I sighed.

"I... Well... you know him better." She said softly, slightly embarrassed.

I was surprised at what she said... Maybe then, but nowadays it's hard to read him. He has changed a lot. In a good way, although some bad parts still kick in...

"No... you know him better. Don't doubt yourself. Trust me..." I encouraged her.

It took her a while to talk to me again...

"Okay. I'll talk to him." She said.

"I'm pretty sure he'll listen to you. Cheryl... he loves you." I pointed out. "If there's anyone who could talk him out of the most terrible thing he would ever do... it's you."

"Thanks..." She said. "I'm just really freaking out. Thank you for... everything."

"It's nothing..." I said goodbye.

Cheryl's POV

I slowly walked back to him, only to find out that he has fallen asleep on the floor.

I checked the time and it was already 4 in the morning and I feel pretty sleepy myself. I can't really lift him so I just got out the pillows and the blanket and lied down beside him on the carpeted floor. I turned to face him. His face was different now. He looked... peaceful. I feel like I'm beside a sleeping angel.

My thoughts suddenly drifted back to what he just said to me when he had taken some shots. The thought disturbed me a lot. It makes me think that I still don't know him completely. And that worries me that I can't even sleep even though my eyes are already half closed. I wish later when he wakes up... he'd realize what this could do to him and change his mind... if what he said to me was true and not just some exaggeration. But... hearing from Dianne... I think I am pretty convinced that he could-he would do that.