Part Eight

Ian's POV

I sat across from him. Once he has calmed down, I asked him to have a talk with me.

"What do you really want from her?" I asked. Surely, he is sober now.

"Do you know how many people hate me? Even my work is affected." Ashley said.

"I don't care about that. Just answer my question."

"Revenge."

"Are you kidding me? Hasn't she suffered enough from you?" I said. Hearing that from him is unbelievable.

"You don't understand. I don't want revenge from her. It's you."

I was surprised at what he said.

"What did I ever do to you? All I ever did when you were together is to fix your problems. You wouldn't have lasted three years if it weren't for me."

"Don't play hero with me... You knew that helping us would give you credit. Then what, you left me! You were the only one who could explain about the incident. You were there yourself. You know it wasn't my fault. You took that fuckin' picture!"

"I told you I have no idea of who took that! We were all drunk! I just know I was there. And why are you blaming this on me? You are responsible for your actions."

"Oh please, stop being a pretender. You planned this all along, didn't you?"

"No, I didn't. Stop putting this all on me. Even if I took that picture, you would have gotten divorced anyway! Look at you, always drunk every night and I knew what you've been doing to her."

"So if you didn't plan this... why the hell are you going after her now?"

I was speechless. I can't hide the fact that I have always loved her since I first met her. And that was the same time as Ash. But, he was fast and she fell in love with him.

"I just want her to be happy." I said softly.

"If you just want her to be happy, then stand back and watch her being happy like you always have. Or else I'm never going to stop ruining you both especially her."

"What is this? Blackmail? I love her. You know that. You had your chance and you screwed up. I'm begging you. Don't bother her anymore. If it's me you want to hurt, then just hurt me." I really don't know this person anymore. He smirked again. I just want to punch that smile off his face until he could never smile again.

"You are such a traitor. You know that, don't you?" He laughed like a crazy person. "What would be the best way to hurt YOU? Let me think... Oh, I know... crush, break, tear apart, destroy the heart of the person you love the most."

Just the thought of it already breaks me into pieces.

"You think I'd really let you do that?" I slammed my hands on the table. "You've really made me into an enemy this time. Don't expect any help from me ever again."

"Trust me. I won't,traitor."

I glared at him and walked out of the police station.

That conversation was just a few days ago when we fought at the hospital and got dragged into the police station. That was after I decided to not put him in jail. What am I going to do now? I won't be with Cheryl for a month. That's a lot of time for him. I sat back on the plane and cleared my thoughts.