Part 25

Ian's POV

We returned to London after our terrific stay in Newcastle. I wouldn't say it went perfect but that's okay because those little problems only made us stronger.

"I wish I could just stay there but we have work so... here we are. Again." Cheryl sighed.

"At least we didn't have to go through the 3 hour drive."

"Yeah... thanks to my pilot over here." She beamed. Her hand clung to my waist and I had my hand wrapped around her shoulders while we walked to her house.

"Good morning! Welcome back." Paul greeted us. I should really give him a raise. He's even doing jobs that are not required of him.

"Hey Paul! How was vacation time with... uhh..Fortis?" He insisted to take care of him, by the way.

"Fortis has grown pretty big." He said.

I heard a loud bark.

"Aww... hey baby! I missed you!" Cheryl rushed to him and gave him a big hug. Fortis licked her face. Paul took his leave and Chez, Fortis and I went to the living room.

" Aaww... Who is going to take care of him when I'm gone?" Cheryl pouted.

"I can take care of him..." I volunteered.

"Ehmm... I don't want to bother you. You're already busy at work..."

"Uhmmm... Then who?" I asked.

"Can't I just take him with me?"

"I don't think so... Ask Simon?" I suggested.

"Eek... I'm not going to call that man just to ask permission..." She crossed her arms. I laughed at her stubbornness.

"You don't like the guy?" I asked.

"Ehmmm... We're friends but...I just hate his guts or attitude - whatever you call it. And he's harsh to the contestants most of the time."

I laughed again..."Hey, you've got to thank him for being such a good filter. I mean... Someone has got to do the hard things."

"Oh my god... My boyfriend is pro-Simon. Get out of here..." She said dramatically. She even copied my facepalm gesture while she shook her head.

"Look. I'm just saying..."

"Oh god...he didn't even change his mind even if I told him to get out." She continued.

"Oh Chez stop being so dramatic." I copied her tone. She mocked me and covered her ears. So naughty.

"You naughty little brat." I copied Simon's voice. Yeah... I think I remember that episode.

"Did you just call me a brat?!" She suddenly looked at me with a shocked face. What?? Is she angry at me?

"Hey, I'm just copying what he said." I raised my hands in surrender.

"UGGHH...WHATEVER." She stood up and walked away. I suddenly became nervous. Is this for real? I chased after her.

"Chez... I'm sorry." I'm shitting myself.

Then she burst out laughing. This is crazy.

"Haha... You may know when I'm lying or what my mannerisms are but you don't know when I'm just acting. Oh... That face!" She pinched my cheeks. I slowly recovered. What the hell just happened?

"You're a good actress then." I said still a little bit shocked by what had just happened.

"Yeah... But I'm just going to stick with singing and dancing." She shrugged. "But seriously... Don't call me that."