Forgive Me//28

Grayson's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone vibrating against a glass coffee table. I squinted my eyes looking at the bright screen through the darkness of the room I was in.

6 missed calls

12 New Imessages

All from Emma...

"Shit..." I said quite loudly. It was 3 am and she was still up texting me. I felt nothing but guilt, she probably needed me.

"Who's Emma?" A sleepy voice said from beside me. Damn she must have seen my phone as well.

"No one, I have to go." I got up looking for my clothes. I found my sweat pants close by and threw them on quickly.

Madeline was leaning up on her elbows, her body completely exposed, "Really? You're going to be one of those guys?"

I shook my head towards her, ignoring most of what she said, "I have to go, bye." I turned and walked out of her apartment. Just as I did my phone started buzzing again, Emma's name popped up.

I answered as fast as I could,

Grayson: Hey, what are you doing up? Are you okay?

Emma: Grayson, where are you?

I could hear nothing but worry in her words... Why did I do this... Why did I just cheat on the most perfect, beautiful girl I have ever known...

Grayson: I'm on my way home right now, I promise baby...

Emma: I was worried sick about you... where were you?

I had to come up with an excuse and quick...

Grayson: well after the gym I went to Aaron's to catch up with him and I ended up falling asleep, I'm sorry...

I made myself sick lying to her like that, she doesn't deserve this.

But I can't lose her, I can't hurt the one thing I love most in the world.

Emma: its fine I guess, just text me next time, is that really to much to ask for?

Grayson: I know baby, I'm sorry I should have texted you... I'll see you in a minute okay? I love you...

She hung up without replying.

I walked in the door to see Emma wide awake sitting on the couch. She was mad...

"Hey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to keep you up." I went over to her, sitting next to her and went to pull her in for a hug. She looked at me, so upset.

She pushed me away with her unbroken arm, "You're an idiot if you really thought I wouldn't call your friends when I was trying to get ahold of you

She pushed me away with her unbroken arm, "You're an idiot if you really thought I wouldn't call your friends when I was trying to get ahold of you. I know you weren't with Aaron, where were you..." I couldn't reply to her, I didn't know how too. "Why are you lying to me Grayson... Is this all too much for you? Me and this baby? Can you not handle it?"