Scared//30

Emma's POV

We were set up in the room waiting for my doctor to come in. I was laying back on the chair with my bare belly out. I forgot that it was probably a stupid idea to wear a romper, but luckily Gray had brought a hoddie so I had put it on to cover my chest. I was nervous to know the gender of the baby... I didn't know what I wanted but either way I would be happy.

Gray sat in the chair next to me as we waited, "Are you excited?" he asked as he placed his hand on the baby, I felt it kick a little. Both of our faces filled with shock. I've felt it move before but not like that.

"I think this one's excited!" I was so happy to feel it, it made me realize that there was something alive in there, my mind was blown. I mean I obviously know there's a baby in there but feeling it kick like that was a surprise.

"That's so awesome!" Gray sounded like a little kid as he filled with excitement, "Does it always do that!" He made me laugh.

"I feel it move sometimes but not like that!" he leaned over kissing my belly, and the baby kicked again. His smile was so cute, "I think the baby just really loves its daddy..." I ran my fingers through his hair, gazing into his hazel eyes. I felt happy with him, which I never thought would be possible again...

The doctor opened the door interrupting my thoughts, "Good afternoon, how are you doing today Ms. Ethridge?"

"I'm doing alright!"

"Has there been any complication since your recent car wreck?" He usually called to check weekly on my baby update. We had chosen an awesome doctor.

I was happy to say, "None at all!" I gave him a huge smile.

"That's great to hear! So are you guys ready to find out what you are having?" He was setting up the machine to do a sonogram.

Grayson replied, "We are more than ready to find out." He looked over smiling at me.

"Awesome! Well let's get going," He had everything set up, and grabbed the jelly that he had to put on my belly, which I hate. "This is going to be cold..."

"I knoooow," I frowned. Why couldn't they at least make it like room temp. that would be a great idea right...

Grayson kept a tight grip on my hand through the whole process. Honestly I fell that he was a little scared, but I was too. Our doctor looked around for a bit making sure the baby was developing correctly, "So," he paused, making it way more dramatic than it had to be, "it looks like you are having a little girl! Congratulations!"

I was so happy, just to be able to call the baby a little girl, or princess. I felt so weird saying 'it' all the time!

Grayson pulled my hand up to his lips leaving a small kiss on the top of it... he looked so happy. The doctor wiped the gel off my stomach and told me I could go ahead and get dress. He left the room closing it once again.

I got up and pulled my romper up, and the hoodie off. I looked over to see a tear running down Grayson cheek, "Gray, what's wrong?" I walked over to him as he buried his face in his hands.

"Sorry, I just, this just, became so real..." he didn't look up, so I crouched down in front of him, looking up towards his face as I moved his hands.

Grayson's POV

We were going to have a little girl, a little tiny precious being that we would have to somehow raise.

"Gray we can do this..." I knew we would find a way, but I was still scared. Scared to be responsible for someone else's life, my daughters.