Chapter Eleven

"Aww, Angel it's alright. It won't be easy at first, it really won't get easy, but you can and will get through it. Besides, you have to sing at his funeral, so you gotta pull yourself together." My mom said.

I stopped crying and we walked to the car. I sat in the back with Dashawn and laid my head on his chest. He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead.

It was so peaceful in the car that I fell asleep.

"Mama." I heard but where was it coming from and who was it? I turned around and saw a little girl with beautiful wings run to this lady. The lady kneeled down to the little girl's height and pulled her in for a hug. She had big, pretty, white wings too.

"I missed you mama. A big man said you would be here soon and now you are. We have to wait for daddy and Jason."

"I missed you too baby girl. Oh so much. We'll have to wait for your dad and Jason just like you had to wait for me."

"Come on mommy, let's go see the nice big man." The Little girl said and dragged her mom into a bunch of fog.

Then I couldn't see anything. I looked all around me. I was alone in this big white place. I looked down at my clothes. I had on a white gown.

I heard someone giggle. It scared me, so I looked around but saw no one. I heard it again and realized I knew that giggle.

"Jay?" I heard a squeal this time. I still saw no one.

"Javion?" I said a little louder and started walking in the direction I heard the first giggle.

I walked through the fog and into this dark tunnel. When I got all the way through, I saw a lot of people. Women and men talking, kids playing, and animals freely walking around.

"Mama" I heard to my left and turned my head. That's when I saw my baby boy. The thing is, he looked at least 3 or 4 now. I didn't care how old he was or how old he looked. I was just happy to see my son again.  My eyes began to water as I walked to him. He reached for me and I picked him up.

"Aww mama's baby. I missed you so much baby." I said with my eyes closed as tears fell. He laid his head on my shoulder while wrapping his arms around my neck. "I missed you too mama."

"Adrianna."  I opened my eyes and turned around. I saw my grandma and grandpa. They walked over to me and embraced me and Jay.

"We've been looking after him for you. I see you made it here before your mom did. I just hope she doesn't die from a heart attack from losing you." My nana said.

"Nana, papa, where am I?" I was so confused it's crazy. I should know where I am though.

"Why you're in heaven dear. We're all angels. Wow! Our little Angel is a real angel now." Papa said with a laugh. I looked distraught.

"Wait I'm dead? How did that happen?" I said shocked. My grandparents looked at each other. It was like they were talking with their minds. I saw my nana nod and they turned back to me.

Papa scratched his head and began to speak. "Angel, uhh, Alvarez broke your neck. It's been 3 years since Jay's accident. Something in him just snapped." I was speechless. How do you respond to that?

Then we heard a sound. It sounded like trumpets.

"Come on y'all. It's time to see the big man." Nana said and I realized who the big man was that the little girl was talking about.

I woke up in my bed. I tried to move, but I couldn't. It's because Dashawn's strong arm was around me. It was dark outside. I reached over to get my phone trying not to wake him. It was 8:30.