Chapter Eight

"Hello, I need to make an appointment with doctor Cole."

"Okay and what day and time is okay for you?"

"If possible tomorrow at 8?"

"That's fine, first and last name please."

"Adrianna Stevenson."

"Okay Ms. Stevenson, your appointment is set for tomorrow at 8 a.m."

"Thank you." I said then hung up the phone. I sat on the toilet with my head in my hands. I can't do this. I can't have another rape baby. Yes I love Jay with all my heart, but I don't want to look in this child's face and see Romelo. I just can't. Tears fell from my eyes.

I went back in my room, and laid in my bed. Jay was still sleep on the left side of my bed. I think it's time he sleeps with me and gets out of that crib.

Eight a.m. can't come fast enough. What will Varo say? What will the people at school think? People just started liking me again. I don't want to be talked about again. Y'all know I'll pop a bitch without hesitation, but I'm tired of fighting. Can someone fight for me for once in my life? Is that to much to ask? I guess it is. Soon enough I was sleep.

I woke up at 7:00. Jay's head somehow ended up on my chest. "Jay, wake up baby." I said as I picked him up. He squirmed and whined, but never got up. I just laid him back down and showered.

I hopped out and brushed my teeth. I went back in my room and he was still sleep. I just realized he didn't sleep with his machine last night. At least he's okay and I'm sure one night without it won't hurt.

I picked out some black sweatpants with "Love" and a red heart going down the sides. The pants got tight around the ankles. I put a red tank top on, then my red Vans. Really didn't feel like doing my hair, so I put it in a messy bun and only put on lip gloss.

"Come on Jay, let's go bye bye." He whined but opened his eyes. "Come on, we have to go." He reached for me, and I took him in the bathroom. I gave him a bath and put his black sweatpants on him with a white beater, his black Vans, and a black hoodie. I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs.

Me: Day Day, I know you might be upset, but can I please have a ride?

Day Day: It's Dashawn and call your boyfriend. I'm sure he wouldn't want you with me Adrianna.

He actually called me Adrianna. He must really be mad at me. Maybe even hate me.

Me: He won't be happy to know the particular place I'm going. Dashawn please I'm begging and you of all people know I don't like to beg. Can you just do this one thing for me please? Then you can go back to hating me . . .

I didn't want to type that last line. It actually hirt to text him that.

Day Day: Fine, I'll be there in five. Be ready cause I ain comin to yo door. Hurry up.

Well damn. Did he have to be that rude? My mom's shifts changed, so she can't take me. Believe me if she was here I would have asked to borrow the car. Hmmm maybe I could ask my dad to buy me one. A horn beeping broke my thoughts. I grabbed my phone, purse, and keys, put Jay in his car seat, then walked out.

I put Jay in the back with Shawna and they started baby talking to each other. It was the cutest thing ever.

"So, I don't get a hello, GoodMorning, or even a kiss my ass?" I say as I get in the car and he speeds off not even knowing where to go.

"Kiss my ass, where you going?" He didn't even look my way.

"To the clinic. Made an appointment for eight and it's 7:45." I answered. I thought he would say something, but he never did.