Chapter Seventeen

"What the hell do you mean he escaped!?" Dashawn shouted with so much anger. "How the fuck does someone just escape out of a hospital!?" He added to his rant. Then Shawna woke up crying.

"See what you did? I know you're angry, but please don't yell." I said trying to calm Shawna down, and he sighed.

"Well y'all better find him before we do. It's gone be some I Spit On Your Grave type of shit going on." Dashawn said.

I actually liked that movie a lot! They deserved everything she did to them. I  Especially loved it when she cut the guy's penis off and stuck it in his mouth. I laughed so freaking hard, I was gasping for air. My mom was grossed out and looked at me like I was crazy. I just laughed at her expression.

"Sir, we know you're upset, but things like this happen at hospitals all the time. Patients never get too far."

What the fuck? So you telling me they just let anyone run out of the hospital? Are you serious right now? This is just too stupid to me. I think someone helped him out though. In his condition, how was it possible for him to just walk out? With those injuries? You've got to be kidding me!

"Just go home, get some rest, and if anything comes up we'll be sure to call you." Detective Hill said and led us out the door.

"Uhh, We have no cars. How we gone get home?" An agitated Phoebe said.

"We'll have officers escort you home." Detective Harris said as we walked outside.

"Personally I would feel a lot better if we all slept at my house and we have 24 hour protection." I said.

Since Alvarez escaped it's no telling where he could be or what he could be doing. If he's planning something, I want my family and friends safe.

"I agree, especially with Angel and Phoebe being pregnant." Santo said shocking us all.

"Oh don't look so shocked. I do have a heart you know." He rolled his eyes and I laughed. Santo really wasn't nice in the beginning, but he grew on me. He real cool with me now.

"Then it's settled. We're staying at Angel's. Just so you know, I'm a pregnant woman who is due in a week or so and I can't fit Angel's clothes. So can we make a pit stop?" Phoebe said. She sounded irritated. I know how she feels though. In my last month, I wanted so badly to get my pregnancy over with, y'all just don't know.

"I still have some maternity clothes you can wear." I said and she smiled. "Thank you-" She was cut off by my phone ringing. The caller was unknown. I decided to put it on speaker just in case it was Alvarez.

"Hello?"

"You have a collect call from Riverside Regional Jail. Do you choose to accept?"

"Yes." Then I heard silence. "Angel?" I heard him croak.

"What Varo?" I said with so much anger in my voice. He chooses to call me knowing that I don't want anything to do with him right now. My son would still be here had I not listened to my mom, and him sing that stupid song just to break my heart again. I feel so stupid. I made the biggest mistake of my life, and there's nothing I can do about it.

He sighed. "I just wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I loved and still do love you with all my heart. When I saw that mark on your neck, I just snapped-"

"And that gives you the right to hit me!? That gives you the right to push me making me drop my son!? Was it worth me losing my son, My mother, and a friend!? Huh Varo!?" I crying right now. if I was near him, I would kill him. "What do you mean lose your mother?"