Chapter Thirty

"When can I get out and go home? I have a child at my soon to be mother in law's house, and one in the hospital because that bi- woman ran her over with a car. If anyone should be in jail it should be her! If I'm put in jail just for an "assault" charge while she's walking out free when she committed a REAL crime, then I know for a fact this judicial system is all the way messed up. I didn't even do that much damage to her." I said. Right now we were once again in the interrogation room and guess who was in there with me. Detective Jordan Hill. You remember when I had to tell them what happened the night my mom died? Well she was one of the detectives. "Adrianna they won't hold you too long for this. Yes she will be in jail but she is still able to press charges against you. Tonight they will hold you-"

"Tonight? What do you mean tonight? It is four in the freaking morning Hill. I want to go home to my family. The reason I did what I did to her was because she threatened my family and was talking about breaking Alvarez out of jail to take my son. I wasn't having that!" I interrupted her. I wasn't trying to hear this bullshit right now.

"I understand. I have children of my own that I will do anything to protect. I can't say I know what you've been through because I don't. I'm not a lawyer so I'll do what I can because that's all I can do. And it's basically your word against hers with that situation." She said and I sighed. "Can I at least see Dashawn?" I asked and she nodded. "I'll be right back."

A few minutes later the door opened and he walked in. I jumped out of the chair and hugged him really tight. "Baby they're talking about making me stay in here until tonight. I don't want to be in here at all." I said and he rubbed my back. "I know. I wish we were in the bed sleep right now." He said. "I wish I was in Jamaica somewhere. I just can't live here anymore. I need to just get away because I can't anymore Dashawn."

"Well we can't just up and leave everything behind. Our friends, family, and jobs are here. This is all the kids know." He said and I rolled my eyes. "More bullshit I gotta hear. Can you go see what Hill is doing to make sure I go home?" Before he could leave the door opened again. "Good news Adrianna, " Detective Hill said. "You can go home in just a few minutes. Also Mrs. Hernandez is in custody and will remain there until the trial."

"YES! Thank you so much Hill." I said hugging her and she laughed hugging me back. "You're very welcome." She said. "Oh there's one more thing. Can you hack someone's phone and listen to their previous conversations?" I asked. "That is private information." She said folding her arms. "Well I advise you to listen to the conversation between her and Alvarez before I rocked her life." I said with a laugh. "Well we'll look into it. Go to the front desk and sign your papers, then you're free to go home." She said and we walked out. I did what she said and I saw my dad and Chewey in the waiting area.

"Dad!" I yelled running to him. He stood up and we hugged. "I'm glad you're okay hija. I was worried they were going to hold you in here." He said once he let go. "I just want to go home, shower, see my Kai, then go visit my Shawna." I said with a pout. "Well let's go." Dashawn said and that's just what we did. Before we left to get Kai I asked Day Day to talk with me.

"Wassup?" He asked not looking at Me. "I just want to apologize for what I said to you at the jail. I once again let my temper get the best of Me. I'm sorry baby." I said standing between his legs. He grabbed my waist and kissed my forehead. He is just too freaking tall, but I love it. "It's fine. I'm a man so, I can handle it." He said and we laughed. "Well let's go get Kai so I can see my Shawna." I said backing away. "Ummm... that's my child remember?" He said and I rolled my eyes. "Boy boo, I'm her favorite parent anyway." I said sticking my tongue out. "Keep sticking your tongue out and ima put it to work." He said with a smirk and I gasped. "You just nasty!" I punched him in his arm and we laughed.