A Dark Night

Bruce Banner's POV

"Sir. You need to wake up." Jarvis said forcefully. "If you do not get up, I may have to dump cold water to awaken you."

I mumbled an incoherent response and covered my head with a pillow.

"Bruce," Why is Steve here? "Get your lazy butt out of bed! Something is wrong with Percy!"

I jump out of bed hearing Percy's name. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

"What's wrong?" I put on a rope and rushed to Percy's room with Steve hot on my heels.

"He's having a really bad nightmare. He's screaming and is thrashing around. None of us can get him out."

"I need to see him."

We arrive at his room to see Clint, Natasha, and Thor trying to hold Percy down with minimal success. How can a boy be strong enough to overpower a god and a master assassin?

Percy was crying out to someone in his nightmare.

"How long has he been like this?" I question.

"Jarvis alerted me about an hour ago." Tony spoke up, "I thought I could get him out of it, you know? I've had a fair share of bad nightmares so I thought I could help. But I told Jarvis to alert everyone else about 30 minutes ago. Jarvis had the hardest time waking you up."

"Sorry about that. It's been a long couple of weeks. Do we know why he is having a nightmare this bad?"

Thor pinned down Percy's arms, "It must be about the war."

A loud smack ran through the room. Percy punched Thor right in the jaw. Thor stumbled back alarmed and lost his hold on his arms.

"That's it." Steve said, "We need Loki to get into his head."

Loki, whom was sitting in the corner picking at his nails, looked up assessing the scene. "You now are just asking?"

"What is he talking about?" Natasha said clearly annoyed.

"My brother has a gift of getting inside your head and pulling you out of dreams. Or if needed, putting you into one. It is apart of his illusions."

"Why on earth did you not offer earlier?" Clint looked ready to punch him.

"Percy needs to get through this. For him, it is to face his nightmares. And it did not hurt to see you struggle." He smirked. If Clint doesn't punch him, I'll do it myself.

Loki stood up and walked over to Percy. He gently placed his hand onto Percy's forehead and closed his eyes.

Percy snapped his eyes open and tried to sit up. However, there were two master assassins sitting on his arms and he could not move his legs.

"W-what happened? Why are you all here?" He was clearly confused.

I motioned for Clint and Natasha to get off his arms and gently said, "Percy, you had a really bad nightmare. What was it about?"

His eyes changed to stormy blue and his face grew hard as I talked.

"I do not want to talk about it. Leave please." His voice was hard and showed no emotion.

"It will not help if you close up." Steve came to the rescue, "I was in a few wars too. We all have been. We can help you."

Percy noticeable flinched when Steve said "War".

"Did you lose your friends?" With every word Percy speaks, it grows colder and darker in the room. "Did you have to hold your love in your arms as she died? Did you cause the death of all of your friends? No you did not. You do not need to live in your mistakes. You have a family to go to. You have a life. I have nothing. I have no one."

"You shouldn't assume Percy." Natasha spoke. "Just because you can't see our pain doesn't mean it isn't there."

"Young hero, you have us. We will be here for you." Thor gently, meaning every word that left his lips.

"Please leave me alone." He whispered, then added, "For now at least."

"Okay, if you need us just tell Jarvis." I told him and gestured for us to leave.

I let everyone else leave and started to close the door as I said, "We can be your family now if you let us. We care."

And with that, I left to join the rest of the Avengers in the main living floor.

~^~

Sorry this is so short. I'm trying to make them longer like last chapter. Update on Friday!