Chapter |22|: The earth has bad ideas

I tapped my pen repeatedly as I blasted sad music on my phone. I locked my door so I won't let anyone come in, Not even Mya.

I laid back as someone knocked on the door.

When I lay down they decide to come to my door? Mumbling things under my breath I walked to the door and opened it seeing Zach smiling and holding a bag of Hot Cheetos and A Jar of Nutella with a brown bag.

"Hello" He said shyly.

* * *

"You seriously eat that?" I asked as he dipped Hot Cheetos in Nutella and ate them like it was an everyday meal.

"Yes, It's calming food. I figured you wouldn't eat it so I got you this" He said taking out the bag and handing it to me.

I looked at the Spinach and Mozzarella cheese sticks and nearly fainted.

"Thank you so much"

"Yeah you're welcome, Now that we've accomplished some type of food bond I think it's safe if we discuss Maurice"

"Should've known this was coming" I said and he handed me another bag of Hot Cheetos.

"Will you talk now?"

"Yes"

"Okay then. So explain to me why my best friend is locked in his room and won't stop playing Drake music and crying into his pillow?"

"Because he's in love with another girl"

"No he isn't Faith. Look I know Hailey caused some damage and that's what that girl is known for but he's not a bad person. He doesn't cheat and never been known for doing that."

"Then why did he tell her he still loves her?"

"Who says he did" He blurted and I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean he didn't?"

"I'm saying, Maybe he didn't. Like I said Hailey is the one who loves to cause damage"

"Then why didn't he deny it?"

He cleared his throat. "Alright. My best friend responsibility is about to be once again broken"

"Zach, Why didn't he deny it?"

"Because he wanted you to break up with him, He thought you were to good for him. He wanted you to leave. He tried to get me to ask you out. He thought I'd be in the right range for you or whatever that means"

"This definitely isn't helping his case" I mumbled and Zach snatched the bag from me.

"Hey" I whined.

"I'm tired. Drama, Drama, And more drama. I'm sick of it this year was supposed to be fun. It's not fun. It's drama. It's straight strictly drama."

"That's not my fault"

"But it is. But it's mine too and it's Maurice's too. I wouldn't exactly say Mya, But it's our fault. I want to make friends. I made you. And all I want is to finally breathe"

I looked at Zach and sighed seeing how much he really wants this to work.

"We need a plan"

* * *

"The plan is, While he's giving the presentation I hack into his computer and write messages to him."

"Wouldn't his students see it?" Zach asked as I typed on my computer trying to hack into Maurice's since he's currently giving his presentation.

"So? This is a love emergency"

"Well I for one think this is a bad idea that could end terribly wrong for the both of you" He said as he watched me.

"That's exactly why I think you should do it"

"See, You're good best friend"

He perked up and smiled making me laugh at the slightest thing makes him happy.

Maurice

"Say in saying this and doing research I have come up with the idea that our society isn't prepared for the upcoming events believed to happen"

"But how did you determine that?" A student asked as she raised her hand.

"I have plenty of slide shows to help you understand where this came from" I said as I typed in the title of my presentation then clicked it.

"As you in see the idea of the matter is that we've doomed ourselves into not being ready"

Some students laughed and I raised an eyebrow but shrugged it. I guess their since of humor is different from mine.

A student raised his hand and I pointed at him to speak. "What does love have to do with Society?"

"Well love is. Wait what?" I asked then turned around seeing writing over my screen.

Maurice, I'm sorry about what I did. This presentation is amazing by the way. But the important thing is that I love you too. And I'm sorry I left without telling you this on campus. Please forgive me.

The students all said awe as I moved the screen seeing faith smiling at me. I looked at Zach who gave me two thumbs up and a cheesy smile.

"I love you" She said and I smiled before kissing her.

"Awwwe this is so sweet and I am so happy for you two. Honestly I'm happy" Zach said and I ignored him as I kept kissing Faith.

"But the thing is. And I'm terribly sorry to ruin this amazing and very cliché moment, You still have a class"

"I'll see you later" I said and she nodded.

"Bye people, Have a great class" Zach said as faith dragged him out of the room.

"You are all smart and well educated I'm so proud. Oh she's cute" He said just as the door shut.

I laughed and faced my students who were looking at me.

"Any questions?" I asked and every hand went up.