Chapter |2|: Welcome to a life of publishing

I ran my hand down my joggers as I pulled up to the place where I was assigned to be in the papers.

After reading and reading and reading the papers explained this internship is so common it allows students who got accepted to share a room with someone in the same type of business.

"Excuse me, I'm Faith Gonzalez I got a card saying I am in building C?"

The woman with a Afro and dark red lipstick looked up from her computer and smiled at me showing her pearly white teeth.

"Yes I've heard about you, You know was recommended by my aunt Laurie Hill"

"Miss Hill is your aunt?" Now that I think about it they both have that whole Africa vibe.

"Yeah I don't really tell people that considering how loud she usually is, But yes there's four buildings on this side. The main office that you're in then there's building A, B and C, That's right across the concrete path, Your room number is 35D"

"Thank you" I smiled as I walked out.

* * *

"31,32,33,34 Yes" I said finally getting to my room seeing the door already open and a woman unpacking stuff from a suitcase.

"Hello?"

She looked up and smiled while fixing her shirt. "Hey I'm Mya"

I shook her hand and smiled back. "I'm Faith, You must be my roommate"

"Yes I am, So you're the devoted writer?"

"Yes I am, Writing has always been a passion for me."

"Same, I actually met J.K Rowling when I was fifteen. After that I just knew I wanted to write to make people as excited as I was when I met her"

Wow this girl is smart. Maybe I shouldn't judge a book by its cover like I've done all my life. She's gorgeous and has the same book smarts as me.

I'm actually impressed.

*   *  *

"So what's your story?" Mya asked as we walked downstairs where everyone was either talking or going to the career day pep rally. This is more like college to me.

"What do you mean?"

She laughed. "Meaning what made you get into writing? I told you my story but you didn't tell me yours"

"Oh, Well. When I was six I use to be bullied because I was that silent girl who rather burry her head in a textbook than gossip or be like everyone else. I accepted people but people didn't accept me, And one thing lead to another and I wrote down all my pain and then I did it everyday until I wrote down novels about people I thought of in my head who went through similar pain that I did and it has become a part of my life."

Mya looked at me wide eyed with a goofy grin on her face and I couldn't help but chuckle at her.

"What?"