Chapter |28|: Adele Just keeps rolling

Eh, I prefer sitting in the back. The limelight completely blinds me to all extreme.. But that's me. ~Zach Bradley

"Date night is officially here, Although your boyfriend switched back to a dinner date. Hope Zach's not so.. Persistent. " Blaire said with a hint of excitement as we walked outside.

"Don't be too exited, Zach isn't exactly the serious type"

She laughed. "Says the girl who wants to nail him"

I shook my head as Maurice approached us with Zach who looked hesitate trying not to look directly at me as he stood there swaying side to side.

"You look so beautiful Faith" He smiled brightly then glanced at Blarie and hit Zach. "Talk"

Zach looked at Blaire and had a bored facial expression. "Sup"

Maurice rolled his eyes. "What did we talk about? Be nice these mood swings are not appropriate"

Zach looked at Maurice. "I don't have to do what you tell me-"

"Speak!" He yelled making me jump.

Zach looked away frightened as he shook Blarie's hand. "You look stunning"

Blaire laughed. "Why thank you, You look great as well"

Maurice exhaled. "Great, We can go now"

I felt like we were walking in between an argument waiting to happen or maybe a brawl. Zach obviously didn't wanna be here and Maurice obviously forced him.

"I'm so happy you agreed to this. I've spoken to the other professors at Harvard and they said its possible for us to have our courses next to each other, If not we can teach partnership together"

"Oh" I said glancing at Zach far away from Blaire in the backseat with his arms crossed  "That's good, You seriously have power over there."

His expression dropped but he hurried and changed back. "..Yeah, They look up to my parents very much. I guess I'm mooching off of them" He mumbled under his breath. "Like always"

The tension grew thick really fast after that. "So, Zach how's the DJ thing going?"

He shrugged as he remained looking out of the window. "I changed my career"

"Why?"

He shrugged once again. "I Just didn't want to do something that was getting me absolutely nowhere. Sorry I'm not a big shot author"

"Zach" Maurice said firmly. "Please don't irritate me"

Zach scoffed and I looked back forward feeling awkward.

**

Sitting at the table was more awkward than the car. I was placed next to Maurice and Zach was seated across from me with Blarie next to him.

"I guess we should make small talk until the waiter comes.." Blarie suggested.

"You're right, Zach, Have you decided how you'll spend your share of the internship money?"

"He-" Maurice started and Zach interrupted.

"What I do with my money is my business, Don'tcha think Faith?"

"Zach"

"Yeah it is, You're right. Just thought I could ask" I mumbled.

"No you can't, Ask Maurice. You two seem really distant for some reason. What's the cause of that?"

My face became straight as Blaire looked panicked for me.

"Uhm, Zach, Is that short for something?" Blaire asked awkwardly.

"My name is Zachary Adrian Bradley. Any other question?"

"Yes, Why are you a Jack ass?"

"Blarie"

Zach laughed. "You're an outcast but I'm a Jack ass. Honestly you're Just a character pushed into a scene. No one knows you"

"And you're a once upon a time DJ who couldn't complete his career because he doesn't know how to apply himself"

Maurie face palmed and I called for a waiter to hurry.

"Blaire. Wow your name is so.. Basic. Yes maybe I didn't do my best for my career. Oops sue me. What exactly is your job? Waiting by the window until faith came home? Do you really have no life that you wait for your best friend to return from summer trying to make a name for herself?"

Knowing Blarie from years she didn't take anything from anyone. When someone talked back to her she always had the last laugh. But this time she just stood up and walked out of the restaurant.

"Fuck Zach. Why do you ruin everything?"

"Seriously? You don't give two shits about what she said?"

"She's a girl!" Maurice basically yelled causing some people to look at us.

"And? Your little feminine act really pisses me off" He said while standing up and Maurice blocked his way.

"And you piss me off, You're down right childish and only give a fuck about yourself"

He smirked. "Not true, I care about faith very much"

Maurice clenched his jaw. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"It means Maurice that not everyone wants the serious guy who only talks usually dictionary related words. People like having fun and actually being with fun people who have a personality"

Maurice clenched his fist and I stood up pushing the two apart. "Stop! Zach just leave, Your company isn't wanted"

He laughed. "My company isn't wanted? That's funny because it was surly worth it when you blew my phone up with voicemails"

Maurice looked at me confused and I pushed Zach. "Get out"

He rolled his eyes and walked past us before stopping and turning around. "Oh and Maurice, Sorry I stole another girlfriend. Your life must really suck"

He turned back around and started walking towards the exit when Zach grabbed a champagne bottle.

"Hey Zach" He yelled after him and then threw the bottle making it hit Zach before he fell to the ground groaning in pain which surprised me that he wasn't either unconscious or dead.

"Fuck you, You'll never be my best friend"

Maurice looked at me with disgust before walking out leaving me alone in the restaurant stunned and on the verge of tears.