Chapter |33|: Seductive syndrome

Can you not look at me? Is it hard? Is looking at me hard for you and all you want to do is collapse into my arms? Tell me. How do I make you feel?~Maurice Mitchell

Faith

I washed my hands and handed the table their plate before returning to the back. My mom recommended until my teaching job starts I should work at my dad's restaurant to earn money.

In my mind that also meant keep time away from your boyfriend and the other bad influences you hang around.

Working here hasn't been bad, Except for the weird guy looking at me every other second as he slowly ate his pasta.

"You're doing good, Thought I'd have to teach you the ropes like your sister" My dad laughed as I dusted off my hands on my apron.

"I, Unlike my sister, hate to sit still in one spot for a long amount of time, Makes me feel like a vegetable" I complained and be laughed.

"At least I can stop hearing your mom complain that you're going down the hole like your siblings, I should be heading out for a bit, Think you can run things by yourself?"

"Can I use the computer to write my new novel?"

"Of course"

"Can I boss around Alessandro?"

He laughed. "As long as I don't get a call that he wants a new job I'm fine, Call if you need anything I'll just be across town at the bakery. Your mom is really complaining extra hard this month"

I laughed as he walked out of the restaurant and left me alone. I jogged to the chiefs window and knocked making Alessandro walk over wearing his chiefs hat.

"Father left you in charge?"

"Of course doesn't he love me? I'll be in the back writing if you need me. You have everything settled right"

"Don't I always, Go ahead author"

"Thank you Aless" I yelled after him before walking to the back where my dad's office sat.

Closing the door I sighed feeling the air conditioner that made me smile. I rather be in my room and in my bed asleep than actually walk around here but no I can't sit around waiting for the call about when I start teaching. Maurice hasn't talked to me since that little.. Moment.

I still can't believe that happened. Let alone comprehend what that was. The way he said he knew everything also set me on edge. Zach wouldn't have snitched, No he wouldn't. Maurice would probably break his face in a minute maybe a millisecond.

Then again Zach is also a very disgusting, scheming little punk.

The door shut and I turned around thinking it was Alessandro.

"Everything fine-" Maurice kissed me interrupting my sentence. Caught off guard I pushed him off then looked at him for a while trying to process everything.

After a few seconds I kissed him and he gripped me pushing us against every corner of the office. Then I realized something.

This is my dad's office.

"Maurice stop" I finally said while backing away. I looked at all of his new piercings and furrowed my eyebrows. "Where did that come from?"

"It doesn't matter" He breathed out while trying to kiss me again and once again I backed away. "What?"

"It sort of matters, Why is everything changing?"

He ran his hand through his hair and looked at me. "What did I tell you? Change is always better. Everything can always be better. Just have fun with it"

Not giving me time to think about what he said he kissed me.. Again.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck as he lifted me up and sat me on the desk. Flicking his tongue in my mouth I almost moaned from the feeling. His hand slowly crept up my leg and that was when again that thought came into mind.

This is my dad's office.

"Okay stop"

He groaned. "What the heck Faith?"

"What the heck with you!" I exclaimed. "Since when have you wanted me this bad?"

He shrugged. "Since I realized we've never actually done anything.. Physical. Constantly debating and writing can get kind of boring"

I blinked. "Has Blaire talked to you?"

"What?"

"Nothing" I mumbled as I jumped off of the desk.

"Are you not attracted to me?"

I laughed. "Are you serious? Do you see you?"

"Yeah, Do you see how bad I want you? If I could I would just fuck you right here on this damn desk not giving a damn about who comes in here"

I looked the other direction trying to hide my smile. "Then why won't you?"

He chuckled and walked closer to me and grabbed my face turning me towards him. "That wouldn't be as much fun as making you want me so bad that you dream about it"

My gaze drifted back down and he turned my head again. "Can you not look at me? Is it hard? Is looking at me hard for you and all you want to do is collapse into my arms? Tell me. How do I make you feel?"

"It doesn't matter" I said mostly because I was becoming shy. "I have to get back to work before my dad shows up"

He kissed me again this time rough. "I'll let you believe that's why you want me to leave. You really want me to leave because you don't know what you'd do if I kept doing what I'm doing"

Damn he's right.

"Not true"

He chuckled. "I'll call you, Actually no I won't. You'll call me when you get so tired of me messing with you that you need me."

I watched him walk out and turn somewhere I guess leaving. Alessandro pays absolutely no attention to who walks in and out of these employee only doors.