Chapter ∞ Four ∞

Well just so you know, sneaking past a werewolf doesn't work. I hadn't really tried anything major, just running down the hall which led to me getting tackled. Currently I was sitting applesauce style on one of our two motel beds while Jason, the male werewolf, was pacing in front of the door. They are 'Werewolves' not dogs as Jason keeps reminding me. The only other piece of information I have learned since I tried to escape them, was that they were born this way not bitten.

So I was sitting here trying to understand and the only things happening were 1) Vee, the girl werewolf, leaving to go out into the hall to talk to her boyfriend, Charles. 2) The stupid pacing. Back and forth, Back and forth. I couldn't take it anymore, "Can you Stop that?" I screamed at Jason who looked up from his feet, his hair falling in front of his ears... I wonder if it's as soft as it looks- Stop! No it's not, he's the bad guy Macey, stop. I bit my lip, oh gosh, I was staring at him now, and all he was doing was staring back with a smirk on his face, "Please?" I whispered.

"Why?" He asked as he took a step closer to the bed I was on.

"I-it's really-"

"Really what?" He cut me off taking another step closer, now his knees were almost touching the end of the bed.

"Really nerve-racking," I finished. He let out a loud sigh as he walked to the bed to my right, flopping down on his back.

He chuckled, "That's funny, it's how I relive myself from nerves. I love to move around and be active, but I can't go out in public a lot because," he paused contemplating how to word what was coming next, "because of my current state." He finished running a hand down his face. "So, Macey," he said as he stared up at the ceiling, "how did you end up in that house, with that guy, who you claim not to know?"

I gave him a scowl, ignoring that last part. "I was walking around the park while I waited for my friends to finish their party, and then the guy knocked me out and I ended up in the closet. Can you tell me why he took me, he could have just left me there in the park, I was leaving anyways." I said hoping for answers, but I would take anything I could get.

He turned to face me, "I don't know if I believe you yet, so I'm not going to answer that question," I felt my heart drop in my stomach.

"How else was I supposed to get you to trust me?"

"When Charles gets here in a couple days he might have some truth serum we can use on you. And in the meantime you can be my servant. I had never heard of the life debt, but I'm glad Vee studies or else I might have killed you." He said turning to me, "I wouldn't have just killed you to kill you though, I though I had a good reason, I might still have a good reason. You might be trying to hurt my family, and my family means everything to me. They're all I have."

He traced the pattern of the mattress with his index finger. "I turn into someone else when I change, there's no happiness, and I just want to trample everything that's in my way. Everyone says it will fade away and I'll gain more control when I'm more mature, like Vee." He looked over at me, "You don't understand how hard it is to just be so mad all the time and be so scared at the same time. You have no idea how hard it is to be me."

I stood up from the bed, cracking my knuckles. He talked about his family meaning everything to him. Did he not get what he just did to me? He took me away from my life. How was I supposed to explain any of this to my parents, or my friends. They would realize that I was gone, I missed some classes here and there, but not two full days. They would realize tomorrow, and then they would find me and this nightmare would be over. I'm sure of it.

Before I could stop it, I felt a tear slip out of my eye and roll down my cheek. Jason couldn't see me like this. I needed to show that I stuck my ground and wouldn't take this 'Life Deft' stuff. I turned my back to him and started walking toward the bathroom, the only privacy that I was allowed since they took me. 

"Where are you going?" Of course the monster had to ask. Where else would I be going? The only place you could go was the bathroom. I wanted to turn around and say Well you see that wall over there, I'm going to take a closer look at it. It looks very rustic, and you know how much I love old stuff.

I sniffed before I pushed words out my mouth, "T-the bathroom, I just need sometime a-alone." I hoped he wouldn't push anymore, because if I wasn't careful I could go into full sob mode right now. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping he would go away. I heard movement behind me and felt two hands on my shoulders turning me around so I came face to face with Jason. He took one of his hands off and used his thumb to wipe away the tear that had surfaced. His dark blue eyes studied my face trying to make sense of this situation. I broke our eye contact as I looked down at our feet. He lifted his hands from me, leaving me wanting them back to warm me and make me feel better.

"Okay." He said heading back to his bed, facing toward the opposite wall. I was so in shock of what just happened, I couldn't even move. I just stared at his back. His back... this back that has muscles pulling the black t-shirt, and made it fit perfectly. "How long are you going to keep starring, because I thought you needed alone time." He said still facing the wall. Thank goodness he didn't turn around or else I would have melted into a puddle on the hotel floor.  I took a shaky breath and headed towards the bathroom to get some sobs out.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

A/N: Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while!! I've been so busy!!

Anyone see Nerve? I'm debating on seeing it!

Don't be a silent reader!

Don't forget the vote button!

∞ Love ∞
Darcy