Chapter ∞ Fifteen ∞

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

I'm a human. Normal in any aspect. Jason, Vee, and Charles are werewolves. They are extraordinarily, the complete opposite of me. I will never be completely accepted with them. I will never have a family, people I can be accepted completely into.

I felt the tears streaming down my face as I walked up to the side the Willamette, the body of water that lies in the middle of Portland. The water was a breathtaking dark blue color. There were light green bushes growing around the edge of the water. On the opposite end of the pond, a few ducks were descending into the pond.

I need time to think, for my mind to catch up to all the information that has been piling up in my head. Werewolves, Mates, and Jason. Jason. The boy that I, so stupidly, have feelings for. I let myself believe he had feelings for me, when in reality, he was just playing with me. I turned around and sat down on the green park bench behind me.

I've never really been interested in boys. I've had like two boyfriends, and they ended in me saying we were better off friends. This time was different, I put my feelings out as a gamble. I have feelings for someone I meet a few weeks ago.

There was an elderly lady walking her dog in front of me. The lady had shiny grey hair and a red jacket on. She stopped in front of the bench I was sitting on to let her dog go to the bathroom.

"Beautiful, isn't it," she said in a typical old lady voice. She watched her dog and looked back at me once he was done. "Is it okay if I sit with you?" She asked with a small sad smile. I nodded and glanced down at her dog that was now smelling my ankles.

"Leonard stop that," she pulled the leash so he now sat in front of her.  "I'm sorry, he must smell another dog on you. Do you have one?" My eyes widened. He smelt a dog on me. More like a werewolf. Jason was lying on them yesterday, that's probably what he smelt.

"Umm, no." I said looking at the lady who tilted her head to the side in question.

"Secrets are bound to come out at one time or another," she said bending down and petting.. Leonard.

"Excuse me," I said. I didn't even know this lady and now she was wanting me to confess things to her. She ignored the question, and stood back up. She looked down at me and shook her head. The last thing I saw was a swirl of red, and then she was gone. I looked around me. She wasn't here anymore. She just vanished.

I stood up and started walking back to Jason and Vee's building. As I walked, I saw a man in a black suit and sun glasses in my peripheral vision. I stopped, he just kept watching me. I started walking faster, I could feel danger coming off of that man and I was yards away from him.

I felt a hand grab my arm and pull me. I looked up and saw a man in a similar black suit pulling me away from the road. I stopped and started kicking him, but it was useless. He picked me up and pinned my arms to my side. I continued to fight back, kicking him in his shins.

I hadn't realized that he was walking down the street until we had arrived at a black van. "No, stop. I didn't do anything wrong." I screamed at the man, who just shoved his huge hand in front of my mouth. He pushed me into the black van, where 3 other men were seated with guns positioned on their laps.

"Your going to tell us everything you know about your friends in you ever want to see them again." A lady with slick black hair said as she turned around in the passenger seat. She scared me more than my worse nightmare would have.

I have to be strong, I said squeezing my eyes tightly shut. I have to keep what I know secret, I have to protect Vee and Jason. I will die if I have to. I would be fine with that, dying to save someone I love.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

I hope you all are enjoying my story. If you did please vote, comment, or follow me. You guys keep me updating!!

Love Always,

Darcy <3