Chapter ∞ Twenty One ∞

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

"I know it's going to be hard at first, but Jason will help you," Vee said handing me a cold washcloth and a pile of freshly washed clothes. I hadn't spoken much since we came back. I was in my old room with Vee sitting at the foot of the bed, a look of worry in her eyes. Once we arrived back at the safe house, Jason and Charles helped Noah and Harper get accommodated while Vee helped me. She had said something about not being able to trust Harper after all this time, I think she blamed her for her brothers disappearance.

"Are you sure your okay, you don't need to talk about anything," Vee said standing up from were she was sitting.

"I'm not okay," I finally said as she made her way to the door and stopped. "but, I will be. Eventually," I said looking down at my hands.

"Okay, just let me know if you need anything," she shut the door softly behind her. Vee gets me, she understands that I need some time alone, to calm down and catch my breath. Even though I know I won't be able to catch my breath. Because in 5 months, I will have to leave them again, without telling them goodbye or how much they mean to me.

I looked down at my arm, the bite now a scab. I took the washcloth Vee gave me at ran it up my arm, the clean water leaving behind a trail of pale skin. I heard the door open and close, I looked up and meet the dark eyes of the intruder. Jason. He cleared his voice and walked up to the foot of the bed, clutching the post with his hands.

"Hey," he said as he examined my body like he had back in the cell. "I'm going to help you. I am going to show you how to be the best werewolf you can be. Everything is going to be okay." I looked up into his awaiting eyes, not finding any sadness, but fear. What was he afraid of? Me?

"Why," I said, my voice cracking in every letter. He took a step back from the bed, shocked by my question. "Why do you want to help me, a few weeks ago you didn't even trust me. I'm positive you have more important things to do. Like finding your-" the words were falling out of my mouth. I had to ask the questions that had been piling up since I had seen him last.

"Isn't it obvious?" He said, coming around the bed so that he was on the opposite side of me. "The first time I met you, I was scared. Not by you, but I was scared to lose you. Everyday since I met you has been amazing. I had never been so close to a human being before you. You question me, and aren't afraid to speak your mind." He sat on the bed face in general me. "That day in the woods, I was wanted to be mad at you, but I couldn't. I was mad at me, then we kissed and it was like all the stars lined up just for us. I was so happy that I had found you," his fingers traced my arm, going around the bite, like it was a delicate piece of china.

"Then you left, and that broke my heart. It felt like part of me had been carved out by a knife. It hurt more to know that you left because you found out about mates. I had to find you. And I did. Isn't it obvious Macey?" He said trailing his finer down the side of my face. "Isn't it obvious that I'm falling in love with you," I gasped, his eyes showed love, that was the emotion that I couldn't read. His love for me?

"But what about your mate," I asked dreading the answer.

He chuckled deeply, "I've known you were my mate since I meet you, turning 18 just made me realize that you are a part of me that I can never live without." he leaned close to me, his eyes darting to my lips, "and someone I want to be in my life everyday."

I smiled once his lips found mine, knowing that he was the only star in the universe I needed. Our lips fit perfect together, his soft lips against my rough dry ones. In this moment I know this is my home, that this place is perfect. With Jason I can do anything, even in five months leaving to save the people he loves.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Hey guys,

Hope you all are having a Fabulous February!

If you enjoyed this chapter please vote, comment, or follow me!

Love always,
Darcy <3