Chapter ∞ Two ∞

From where I was in the park I had a view of a street of dimly lit houses. The sky looked like the death eaters were with me. As my gaze traveled back down to the row of house I realized that the top left corner room's light was flickering on and off....

                            ON (15 seconds) OFF (15 seconds)

    ...and so on. I pushed my way out of the swing and started walking in the direction of the road. This was getting way to similar to some freaky horror movie were everyone is screaming at the girl, "GTFO," but she ignores them anyways. That's when I heard the scream from inside the house, I spun a one eighty and looked toward the house. The house was big like all the ones around it but it had been abandoned, which you could see by the over grown grass surrounding the perimeter and the decaying brown planks that now only covered sections of the windows.

I stood where I was like a statue, not wanting to disturb anything around me. I took a deep breath in and counted to ten, something my depression therapist had told me to do to 'clam your brain'. Something I had to do numerous times when my sister had passed away. I only made it to seven before a large gloved hand was solved in front of my mouth and stopped me from screaming. Then everything went black.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

I couldn't see when I woke up, everything was pitch black in the room I was in, and now that my eyes were adjusting I could see I wasn't in a room, I was in a coat closet. Hands gripped my waist tightly and pulled me back down when I tried to get up. The same hand that had been shoved in my face before I passed out, now muffled the scream I gave in protest. The hand tasted like metal, I could feel my silent tears running down my check as I struggled to get out of the embrace. I turned and tried to look at the face of my predator, but in the dark all I could make out was a silhouette of a muscular man.

"Hello, little lady, I was afraid you wouldn't wake up..." he said as he ran his hand down my back. I let out a squeak and tried to push him back. That was the wrong move, it only caused him to try to grab my chin and bring it up to his and stare in my eyes. I don't think he realized that his hand was not on my mouth any longer until I screamed. He showed his hand back over my mouth looking at me now eyes wide. He glanced to the door behind me before saying, "Are you trying to get us killed, they'll come if they hear you." He pushed me down on the ground and stood up in front of the door, just staring at it like it was going to blow up any second.

"W-who would c-come?" I asked catching on my words. I had this gut wrenching filling in the pit of my stomach that was mocking me like, 'Macey, didn't someone once say, "Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to."?'

"You don't know?" The man said crockin his neck left, as if to try and see me better. I sat there silently waiting for more, "I thought-" before he could finish the door flung open and someone, something, grabbed his neck and hoisted him in the air. I scooted into the wall, shutting my eyes tight and trying to click my red slippers saying, 'There's no place like home, There's no place like-' I opened my eyes, it didn't work. Why did the Wizard of Oz have to lie?

Now I had a better view of the person, thing, that had pulled out closet guy. It wasn't even a person, it was like a giant dog. I was so...so... Confused? No.... I was intrigued with this creature. How it moved and how it glanced around at it's surroundings so alert. I was so caught up in starring at it that I hadn't realized that I was his new center of attention.

Before I new it I was off the air in a similar position to how Closet Guy was a few seconds ago, and look were he is now, in a dead lump on the floor. "Who are you and What do you want," the creature said in a growl, putting emphasis on the W's.

Before I could stutter out an answer, something ran into the side of it, causing it to move back and now have the other thing as the center of attention. I looked at the new creature, which seemed to be a slightly more feminine version of the creature that was currently hoisting me in the air.

"Stop," it hissed, "You don't have to do this, she is innocent, don't drag her into our life."

The creature holding me up looked at me this time,"How can we be sure," it shot back in a spine chattering tone. The Creature put a clawed hand in the air about to strike me. This was it, my last few seconds on earth. I said a silent prayer.

"Wait please" The other creature pleaded. "There's another way," it said holding its breath. The attention focused on feminine creature again, "A Life Debt. Since you saved her life from...him," it nodded to the heap of a man on the floor.

"What does that have to do with anything," the grip tightened around my neck. I let out a small cough from the back of my throat.

"She owes you her life. If you want you can make her your servant of a sort. Plus that would solve your problem to see if is really a spy, just don't hurt her." There was a girl standing now where the dog used to be. What did I just see? Is this one of those prank shows where they film this and then you get on TV?

'Calm down Macey, your going to wake up and this is all just going to be a bad dream.'

I was right about the waking up part, because before I knew it the creature had knocked me out with one punch. I really need to stop losing consciousness, it's bad for my health. Then the familiar darkness took a hold of me once again.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

A/N: Hey guys!

What do you think?

If you enjoyed this chapter please vote or comment with any other thoughts.

∞ Love ∞
Darcy