Chapter 1

Samantha POV

"Huuuuuuh" I let out a sigh of relief. My bakery was done! I worked to get this bakery back open for 3 days! Now, It was perfect. I stepped out of the bakery to see it in it's full glory. I squealed happily and ran back inside.

I switched the sign on the door. Open.

It's a lot to do on my own but it's mine

It's a lot to do on my own but it's mine. I've been living on my own for practically my whole life. This is nothing I can't handle. My parents are gone, from cancer. I'm an only child and the rest of my family thought of me as the runt of the litter. So. All I've got is me.

I am single and now live on the apartment above the bakery with my small dog, Cookie.

*Bells Chime*

I whipped my head to the door to see an old but beautiful woman. I put a big smile on my face. My first customer! I put my apron on and walked to her. 

"Hello ma'm. Welcome to Cookie Encounter. I'm Samantha." I said to her politely as I held out my hand to her. She smiled wide and shook my hand.

"Hello dear. I'm Caroline Vester. I've been dying to find a bakery near my home around the corner. Thank god I found one." She said sweetly. 

"Well Caroline, what can I get you?" I said to her. I waved my arm towards the menu and display of sweets as I walked behind the counter. She eyed everything in delight. 

"Everything is fresh. I guarantee. I could show you the kitchen if you'd like. I can show you how to create a few things too." I offered to her. Her eyes sparkled at my offer.

"I'd like that a lot. Thank you very much dear." She said. I escorted her to the kitchen in the back. It was a large kitchen, perfect for baking in. I chose Tiffany blue and White as the color scheme. It looked very beautiful.

"Should we make some cinnamon muffins?" I said. My hands clasped together. I was honestly very excited to bake with Caroline. She seemed like a mother-figure to me. It was comforting.

I taught her a few things with the new electric tools. She's fast learner. She told me about her late husband Charles, and what he did to show her his love.