Chapter 11

Samantha POV

Just FYI, the month time skip doesn't affect the story. It's still going to continue. Sam and Branden have been dating for almost 2 months now, that's all. 

*1 month later*

"Branden! Are you still alive?!" I yelled while putting my makeup on. It's been a while since Branden went into the kitchen to cook breakfast. 

"Just for you Sam!" I heard him yell in the distance. I laughed and shook my head, finishing my mascara.

I went to my closet. I chose a white t-shirt, blue ripped boyfriend jeans, and a pair of black strappy heels. 

"Hmmmm." I said to myself deciding whether to put my shoes on now or later.

"Later." I decided walking out. Branden stood by the door. I just smiled at him, putting my hair up. It was kind of hot in my apartment.

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I continued to do my hair as he kissed my forehead.

I finished my hair and rested my hands on his biceps. He rested his forehead against mine. In one swift movement, he picked me up and held me. I leaned down for a quick kiss. He smiled and walked to the kitchen, me still in his arms.

"Don't tell me you ruined my kitchen did you?" I asked smiling, holding his neck, our foreheads together.

"Nope" He said simply. We came into the kitchen and he set me down on the counter. The kitchen was spotless. The counters shown our reflection. Bowls and utensils, put away neatly. 

"Here"

I turned around and looked at his outstretched hand. The plate was filled with waffles, fruit, and syrup.!

I looked at him and placed a hand on my heart. My other hand grabbing the plate.

"You know the way to this girl's heart." I said fake sniffling. He laughed at me.

"That's absolutely Wonderful to know." He said standing between my legs. He handed me a fork and let me eat. He jumped up on the counter in front of me. We ate in a comfortable silence.

He extended his hand. I looked up from my plate. I put it down and grasped his hand. 

"Let's go run this bakery! WOO! I took a day off just for you ya know that?" Branden said happily as he set the chairs in their places. I was putting on my shoes. 

"Turn the sign around!" I yelled to him. I heard a small "ok" in response. 

Immediately the place was packed. Branden even had to set some chairs and tables outside. 

"Branden! Order for Table 4!" I yelled from the kitchen, as I powdered more sugar mixture on the pastry. He came in and grabbed the plate, jogging back out. He comes back after a minute or two.

"Uhm. Sam? There's someone here to see you." Branden tells me. I see concern on his face. I'm confused but go out anyways.

"Table 6" He whispers as I leave. I walk out and see table 6. My eyes go wide. 

My family is here.

"W-w-what are you guys doing here." I ask crossing my arms, trying to not glare at the upsetting image in front of me. I mean, I love my family, but they are rude.

"That's not anyway to greet your family, Samantha." My aunt Sharon said to me. Her rude tone dripping off her every word. I shift my position is discomfort. 

My eyes are going everywhere but my family. My "family" includes: Aunt Sharon, Uncle Ben, Cousin Anna, and Cousin Blaire. Their preppy clothing makes me gag. 

I start rubbing my arm. I always do this when I am either frustrated, or nervous. Mainly both.

"Sam!" Branden yells slightly. I look at him in relief. He grins at me and motions me to come.

"Excuse me." I say, still avoiding eye contact with my aunt. I quickly run over there.

Branden closes the door to the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" He asks me holding my arms, looking across my face. I nod smiling.

"Thanks for getting me out of there."

"You were doing that arm thing you do when you're nervous." He said imitating my actions. I laughed at his goofiness. 

I kissed him on the lips. Nothing else. I pulled away after a minute or two.

"What was that for?" He asked smiling like he was given a sports car.

"Thank you for being a great boyfriend." I say smiling a bit. He hugged me shortly.

"Let's do this together." He says grabbing my hand. We go out and stand in front of my family.

"Sorry. I had to..take care of some things." I say a bit nervously. 

"Who is this young man?" My aunt asks eyeing Branden up and down.

"This is my boyfriend, Branden Matthews." I say motioning my hands over Brandon's body.

"Nice to meet you." He says simply. My aunts face is in full shock. My uncle seems amused, while my cousins eyes are raking over Brandon's body. He wraps an arm around me. I see my cousins glare at me. I mouth "He's mine" and I smirk.

"Well. It was nice to see you guys. We've got stuff to do. Sorry. Bye!" I say quickly. I grab Branden's hand and we walk back into the kitchen.

"Oh my god. I was going to die out there!" I yelled to him. 

"Let me finish the rest of the customers. Okay? Just stay here." He says reassuringly. I nod.

After about an hour, I sit by the counter, chewing my thumb.

"They're gone now.."     

I whip my head up. I look at Branden and quickly look back to the floor. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Sam calm down." He says holding me. I'm literally shaking right now. I pull away.

"How did they find me?! Why did they come here!! I haven't seen them in almost 7 years!!! And they have the audacity to waltz in here and pretend we're a perfect family!" I say shaking. My head is pounding. Branden just listens to my every word.

"They RUINED my childhood! Bullying me, humiliating me, talking behind my back, beating me up!! This is why I left Right after I graduated. This is why I keep to myself. I used vent to Cookie every day of high school because Blaire made my school like miserable." I say to him, calming down a little bit. But my frustration is still there.

"Why Samantha, you keep grudges don't you." 

I face the door. My aunt Sharon is standing there is her full "glory". I palm my head and look down.

"Leave" I say lowly. She laughs.

"I said LEAVE! You aren't my family. My family is here with Cookie, Branden, and Caroline. Without you guys in it. So please. Leave." I yelled at her, my voice going lower as I finish my speech.

She laughs once again and leaves. I sigh heavily and slide down to the floor. I gathered my head in my hands. I was breathing hard, trying not to cry. I keep reliving the memories with my family.

I felt arms wrap around me. Branden lifted me up and brought my to my room. He sat down and held me tight to him. I closed my eyes. A few tears straying down my face.

"Don't be sad Samantha. It makes me sad. Okay love?" He says to me softly.

"Love?" I ask him. He's been calling me that recently.

"That's my nickname for you, because you are my love." Branden says kissing my hair. I close my eyes, falling asleep in Branden's arms.

"I love you."

END of Chapter 11!! I hope you enjoyed the Chapter. And during the time I skipped they just went on dates, worked at the bakery, the usual. Nothing excessively drastic happens. ok BAAIII

-Kaleah 🙃