Chapter 6

Branden POV

I fell into the bed. 

"UUGGHH!" I yelled into my mattress. I messed up. Kinda bad. Bad enough for her to not want to be with me.

I switched around. I needed to do something!

Something to prove to her that I do have feelings for her. Strong feelings. 

Why didn't I say that to her earlier?

Because.....

I was scared. I didn't want this to happen. I couldn't bare the pain again.

*Flashback 3 years ago*

"Becca!"  I yelled.

"Becca wait!!" 

She kept running away. And I kept running after her.

"Becca please! I love you!" I said standing on the sidewalk. She stopped and turned to me. Sadness clear on her face but a small bit of relief in her eyes. I stared into her.

Then. She was gone.

I ran to her and knelt next to her. I picked her up in my arms. I cradled her for dear life.

My love was dead. My heart was burning. My everything was gone.

Becca Walton died at 11:14pm on Friday August 19th. Cause of death: Semi-Trailer. I watched in slow motion as the truck drove into her. 

I watched as her body flew and smashed into the ground, skidding across the road. I had to watch the love of my life die in front of me.

*End of flashback*

This is why I don't want to love. But I can't stop the love-feeling I have for Samantha. I needed to get over the past. My, possible, true love is sitting in her room next door crying herself to sleep. All because I'm too afraid to love again.

The pain I felt killed me inside. Because I loved that girl. 

Samantha deserved a guy who felt the same as I did about Becca. And would feel the pain I felt if she was hurt.

She deserved the greatest love. Would I be able to love her like that? Give her my all, my everything, my love.

Yes

Samantha POV

I woke up. I felt rejected. Branden hasn't come or talked to me. It's day 6 of sorrow. It's been 6 days since the incident with Branden.

I'm starting to think he gave up on me. 

I shook my head. And breathed.

"Let's do this" I said starting my day. I got dressed into a see-through white blouse, tucked in the front, with some low-rise black jeans, and black loafer flats.

I sat down at my vanity. I saw my red face. I put a moisturizer on, mascara, a tinted lip balm, and brushed my hair. 

I tucked my hair behind my ears as I walked down to the bakery. I was walking to the cash register when something caught my eye.

I turned my head to the left and James stood there. He waved casually.

I looked at him suspiciously.

"James. What are you doing here?" I asked him skeptically.

"My dear I am here to take you somewhere. No questions. Okay? Let's go!" He said faster near the end. I didn't get to protest before he grabbed my shoulders and veered me into the direction of his car.