Chapter 22

*Samantha POV*

I woke up to Honey lightly scratching my face. Luckily she didn't cut me. I got up from my bed. My head hurt life crazy from drinking. 

I wobbled my way to my bathroom and I saw my face in the mirror. 

I've never seen my face like this before. My makeup was wiped off but I looked so heartbroken. 

I quickly jumped into the shower. Washed my face, brushed my teeth. I looked better. Better but not that much better. I tried a smile. It looked sullen but it was a start. 

I put on some makeup then tied my hair up in a pony tail. After that I got dressed.

I got maybe a little too dressed up but I could care less

I got maybe a little too dressed up but I could care less. I added a thick black coat over top. After I got dressed I set the bakery up for opening. It was 7am.

At around 9am people started to walk in. It was getting a bit busy as usual. At around lunch time somebody came up to me.

I was working at the register when someone stood in front of the counter. I looked up. It was 

 It was 

Bree. She worked a smile. Bree looked different. She wasn't wearing as much makeup nor were her clothes revealing. She was pretty.

"What are you doing here Bree." I asked her seriously. I dont want to make a scene in my bakery.

"I wanted to know if you had time to talk." I looked at the clock, then at the door. Rush hour was already over and nobody seemed to be coming in. All my customer's have been taken care of. I nodded to her. We walked into the kitchen.

"You seem well." I said to her. She smiled.

"I'm sorry about before, with Brandon." She said straight up. 

"I don't want to talk about him." I said rubbing my arms. I suddenly felt cold.

"I see." 

"Well, I recently moved here and was looking for a job." She said slowly. This caught my attention.

"I remembered that you work alone.." I raised my brow.

"Can I work here?" She asked me. I looked at her shocked.