Chapter 10

(Megan Fox as Bree^^)

Samantha POV

Today is Wednesday. The bakery has been very popular with the new special! Everybody's enjoying it.

Branden went to England for work Tuesday at 4AM, but he should be coming back this afternoon. Caroline has been helping me with the bakery. She really likes it here. Branden and I are still together and I don't think we'll break up anytime soon.

"Enjoy your food." I said giving some customers their order. I sat behind the counter, watching the customers while sorting out the cash register.

"Samantha! Branden's on the phone for you!" Caroline yelled to me from the kitchen. I bolted from my stool and into the kitchen

S: Hellooo??

B: Hey Samantha. My flight is in an hour, I'm waiting in the airport. I'll be seeing you very soon.

S: Great! I can't wait to see you. I miss you.

B: I miss you too love. 

*Bell Chimes*

S: Branden?

B: I heard. I'll let you get to your customers.

S: Okay. I'll see you soon.

B: Bye love.

S: Bye

I put my phone is the back pocket of my light blue skinny jeans. I quickly adjusted my white blouse and walked out. 

I saw a very....intimidating woman standing there, looking around. She looked about my age or younger. She had a lot of makeup, compared to what I wear. Her outfit was...tight. But, she was very pretty.

"Hi. I'm Samantha. Welcome to Cookie Encounter." I said half happily. I held my hand out fro her to take.

She looked at it like a germ. I retracted my hand slowly.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked her.

"I'm Bree. Bree Stanton. I don't know If you know him but I'm looking for a guy named Branden. He lives next door." She asked me in a very stuck up kind of way.. I looked at her weirdly.

"Yea. He's my boyfriend.." I said to her straight. She raised her brow and scoffed.

"Where is he?" She said kind of rudely. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Why should I tell you that.?" I said back. She sighed heavily, frustrated.

"Well, miss.." She looked me up and down.

" I'll be waiting here till he comes." And she planted herself on a chair, crossing her arms and legs.  

I just walked back over to the counter, helping the customers pay.

"That'll be 13.47." I said to the two customers. I eyed Bree at the table she was at. She caught my eye and gave me a quick glare/fake smile. I just ignored her.

"Thank you. Have a nice day." I said to the customers as they left. Soon, the customers were all leaving. One by one.

Then, the day was over.

I sat down at my stool and sighed tiredly. I peered over at Bree. She was still sitting there, in the same position. She flicked her hair out of her face and looked at me.

I turned away and walked into the kitchen. Caroline was grabbing her bag, about to leave. 

"Is that prude girl still here?" She asked annoyed about her presence.