Chapter 5

Samantha POV

I woke up to a certain someone kissing my neck. I was in Branden's room. That's when Reality sunk in.

"Samantha..Baby." He said between kisses. His hands were all over my body. Getting awfully close to........

NO!! I was hyperventilating. No one has ever crossed that line with me and I wasn't ready.

I quickly pushed him off of me and jumped off the bed. I backed away slowly then speed walked to my room. I sat down on my bed. I hugged my body calming my breathing.

Why did I let this happen!!! 

I was drunk! The bartender at the party said he'd "hook me up". Meaning he spiked my drink. He said I'd feel drunk but not seem like it. I could taste the drug in the liquor but I kept drinking it. 

"UGHHHH!!" I groaned palming my face in both hands. 

I obviously had feelings for Branden but this was too soon. We've known each other for like, what? Almost a week?! That's crazy. I didn't know if this was attraction or real feelings. 

I roughly ruffled my hair before actually looking at the time. 

1:34pm.

"HUUUHH!!" I gasped. Our flight was at 3:25!!!!

I ran around getting my clothes and things together. I changed into jeans, a sweater, and flats. After my stuff was arranged I ran to Branden's room. He was asleep! After that situation he's sleeping!!

"Branden..." I whispered in his ear. He didn't even move.

"Branden!" I whisper/yelled at him. This time he woke up.

"Branden It's 2pm" I said to him. His eyes widened. He shot up and grabbed his stuff putting it in his suitcase. He got dressed into a black/white baseball tee, black jeans, and white sneakers. I sat patiently on his bed waiting. 

He came out of the bathroom with his toiletries in hand. He stuck them in a bag and grabbed his phone.

We got his car and drove to the airport. I could feel him glancing at me here and there. I just acted like I was peering out the window or on my phone. 

As we walked to the gate, Branden tried to wrap an arm around me. I just moved farther away from him and walked slightly faster.

Once we were seated on the plane, I put earbuds in my ears, a sleeping mask on my face, and held my phone in my lap with both hands. I gripped my phone quite tightly. It was only my second time flying. 

I could sense his hand coming towards me. I acted as If I was asleep and shifted to the side, as far away from him as possible.

*Arrived in New York*

We got out of the plane and Branden drove to our homes. 

"Thanks for the trip. I'll see ya." I said all at once. I quickly got my stuff and ran inside the shop locking the door behind me. 

I rolled my luggage up the stairs and into my apartment. I unpacked and got ready to open the bakery. I really didn't want to see Branden. being neighbors doesn't help either. Avoiding him won't help anything, so I'm not going to. I'm just going to keep everything professional and G rated.

***

I switched the sign around. Open.

5 minutes later Caroline comes in. THANK GOD.

"Caroline!" I yelled.

"Samantha dear I--" I cut her off by pulling her to the kitchen. I sat her down and explained everything. Everything that happened during the trip.

"Now honey, avoiding him is not going to solve anything." She said seriously.

"Caroline, I'm not trying to avoid him. I just don't want to talk about what happened just yet. And seeing him isn't helping. I feel that If I take some time away from him I'll see where my feeling stand. You know?" I explained to her. she grasped my hands.

"I understand Samantha. Everything happened so quickly. And he didn't even ask if you had feelings for him. Or admit if he had feeling for you. You take your time for today my dear but don't keep him waiting." She said, patting my hands at the end.

"For now, run this bakery like the boss you are."She said sincerely. I nodded

*Bell Chimes*

I put my apron on. 

"Hello! Welcome to Cookie Encounter. How can I help you." I said to the first customer of the day.

That's pretty much how the rest of my day went. Branden didn't come in like usual. It was just me and Caroline. 

I just finished the dishes. I hung my apron on the rack and grabbed my purse. I needed more eggs and more supplies to make egg substitutes. We sell Vegan items at the bakery as well.

I switched the sign around. Closed.

I stepped out into the cool night air and locked the door. I turned around. Branden was standing there, in front of me.

"You didn't come in today. It's okay though, Me and Caroline managed on our own..." silence filled the air making me feel cramped.

"Well, I'm going to the store. I'll see you later." I said walking to my car.

Branden grabbed my wrist. He pulled me in for a hug, but before I hit his chest I pushed him away. I pushed as hard as I could. I flicked my hair out of my face.

"What do you want Branden! What is this!? Tell me!" I yelled at his face. I needed answers and I needed them now. 

"You." He tells me. I scoffed and turned around.

"Wait!" I stopped.

"I can't explain what this is Samantha. I don't know what this is. I don't know. All I know is that I want you! You're all I think about. Your shiny golden hair. Your perfect blue eyes. Bright smile, bubbly personality. Your gorgeous body" He says trying to get me to reason with him.

I continued to walk but Branden grabbed my arm once again. 

"All I know is that I have this huge.....hu-.....huge attraction to you!" He yells finally.

I yank my wrist out of his hold and get into my car. I roll down the window. Tears in my eyes.

"I wanted to know about your feelings for me not your attraction to me." I said simply. 

With that I backed out of the lot and drove away. He didn't even apologize for yesterday morning.

Tears fell down my face as I drove. I reached the store and parked.

This time I let the tears pour. They wouldn't stop falling. I didn't sob aloud or anything. I just sat there and cried, my head in my hands. 

This was a MAJOR change in the story. Hope you enjoyed.

-Kaleah XOXO