Chapter 13

*Caroline is played by Meryl Streep. This is how she looks now.*

Samantha POV

"Samantha~ Get up. It's time to work." 

I groaned. I opened my left eye and looked around slowly. Branden is fully dressed and standing next to my bed. 

I yawned and stretched. I left my arms wide open and waited. 

Branden picked me up and swung me around in circles.

"AAAHHH!" I screamed squeezing my eyes shut. He stopped and let me down laughing. 

I held a hand to my head. I was REALLY dizzy.

"Ugh. Im so dizzy! You little" I whispered the last part, only for him to laugh more. I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair and teeth. Next, went to my closet and got dressed. I put on a navy/white polka dotted dress, with a tan belt. Matched it with a tan jacket, and rolled up sleeves.

"Done yet?" 

"Yes!" I yelled walking out. I quickly put on some chapstick and my  black flats. 

"Cmon" Branden held a hand to me. I grabbed it tightly. I don't know why his hand is always so doggone warm? I will never know.

We walked into the bakery and I turned all the lights on. Branden set up the tables while I cut some cakes, grabbed some cupcakes, and pastries for the display case. 

I placed the cakes on the top shelf, cupcakes on the second, and other pastries and small cakes on the bottom shelf.

"Does it look nice?" I asked.

"Yea. Everything looks perfect." Branden said observing the case.

*Bell Chimes*

We both turned around. Caroline was standing there. She had her usual large purse, and smile on her face.

I smiled at her.

"Right on time!  Caroline, are you sure your okay helping out everyday? You really don't have to." 

"Oh Samantha! There is absolutely no way I'm staying in my home to rot. Plus, I very much enjoy it here. You are great company." Caroline said in her soft voice.

I nodded happily. 

Caroline made her way to the kitchen and placed her stuff away.

"I'll be going to work now." Branden said fixing his tie. I nodded. 

He placed a kiss on my head.

"I'll see you tonight!" He said walking out. I waved to him as he left.

I sighed.

"Let's work Caroline!!" I yelled as I fixed the sign.

"Yea!!" Caroline yelled with a deeper voice. I chuckled.

Open.

"Welcome to Cookie Encounter!" I said greeting a customer. It was a mother and daughter. 

"Can we sit anywhere?" The mother asked.

"Yea. Choose anyplace you like." I said pointing around. They sat down and I gave them menus.

"Do you know what you'd like to drink?" I asked taking out a pencil and notepad.

"Yes. I'd like a Latte please."

"Okay!" I said writing it down.

"What would you like? Anything at all." I asked the young girl, kneeling down. She looked about 4 or 5.