Chapter 11

A/N: The song I added with this chapter is Promise by Ben Howard from the movie If I Stay.

April
When I got home I went in and sat down on the couch in the living room. I was already in my leggings and oversized sweatshirt. Leo came in and avoiding my oxygen tank,sat beside me after putting a movie in. I leaned back into his warm arms. The sick feeling wasn't too bad yet but in a few hours I would spend all night in the bathroom most likely. My phone,sitting in my lap,buzzed. Hello,from Emily. Hello,I replied. How's it going,she asked a minute later. I'm sick to my stomach hate Chemo if I could I'd not do treatments living for my boyfriend and family,I sent. How are you,I sent after a minute. I know right it sucks though I don't really have anyone but Tristan ;),I hate it being sick doesn't really bother me I've been on chemo forever mostly to slow it a bit radiation is worse I have it tomorrow,she replied. Oh good luck,I said. We got to hang out again soon,hopefully not all of it is at chemo you should visit sometime,she sent. I know definitely have too,maybe after my birthday party I'll bring you a slice of cake,how's Tristan take the treatment,I sent curious if Tristan got sick like me. Sounds good and he gets pretty sick usually lies in bed or spend all night in a bathroom,I just get tired,she sent. I know the feeling,it totally sucks,especially the sick kid looks from people at school,I sent. Sucks so bad,so what's your boyfriend like,she asked wanting more details. Hold on,I sent. Ok,she sent. "Leo take a picture with me,"I said pulling my selfie camera out. Alright fine,he said. I took the picture. My favorite picture I updated my wallpaper just to not raise his suspicions. I sent the pic to Emily. Ooh..cute you two definitely belong together,perfect couple,she sent. Thx,I sent. I soon fell asleep in Leo's arms with my phone on my lap. I woke a few hours later really sick. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door before he could catch me I didn't want him watching round two. I started getting sick. The bad part is there was a spare key and he unlocked the door. Don't Leo,I don't want you having to watch this I said,still leaning into the toilet and pushing at his arm to push him out and away. Stop April I'm staying with you,you don't deserve to bear this alone,he said rubbing my back. I started another round. When I finally quit he carried me into bed. I fell asleep. He had hooked me up to my new sleeping machine. I slept all day,I wasn't going to school had it been a school day,it was a Saturday. I heard the bedroom door close and Sarah came up to wake me since she was off today. April,she said gently shaking me awake. She unhooked me from the new machine and hooked me to my cannula. As I started to sit up she put a blindfold on me. Let me help you,I've got a dress for you to try on,she said. She took the blindfold off for a minute and I looked in the mirror. The dress was gorgeous,a beautiful white dress,lacy with flower patterns.I looked beautiful. You need to wear it today,she said. My head felt funny. I looked at my pillow and noticed big clumps of hair that fell out from Chemo. I almost started to cry. Hey it's okay,I will fix it,let's just cut the rest of it off,she said. Okay,I said. She came in with an electric hair razor and shaved off my hair and it was weird and ugly seeing myself looking bald but I knew it was going to happen. I slid my wig on. She slid the blindfold on. It was 3 pm. She walked me to the kitchen excitedly like a little kid gets. I took the blindfold off. Surprise,was yelled and came from every direction. A bunch of my friends and kids from school were there including a bunch of family. She,my parents,and Leo had planned a surprise sweet 16 party since I turn 16 next week. We all had amazing food that they had had catered. After eating we all went outside. My cake looked even more beautiful. It was 2 tier and all white with flower and candy beads all over. I loved it. They sang and we cut the cake. I started to eat mine it was delicious. I loved the taste of it. I finished it. Leo was sitting on the steps and walked toward me. I've got your present I want you to open it first. Okay I said kinda curious and nervous at the same time. I started to pull the paper out. Inside was a big sign and a card. I opened the card first. Inside was 3 plane tickets. The destination was a private resort in Florida. We were to leave in August. I started smiling. I read the card. "I can't explain how happy you make me. I love you more than anything in the world. I couldn't live without you in my life for you have became my life,my world,my everything. Your breaths are my breaths. I love you. You are so beautiful inside and out. I can never imagine life without you for I do not want any other girl. I want you forever and always. You are my always and forever. My okay and okay. Happy 16th birthday my love. I love you. Love Leo. P.S. The tickets are for you me and mom we will stay there for a week."  I almost began crying then. I pulled out the sign and Leo pulled it from my hands. It read:"i love you will you do the honors and make me the happiest person in the world more than you already have and go to my Junior Prom with me?" Oh my god oh my god,yes,I said starting to jump up and down. I hugged him so tight that my feet were off the ground since he is taller then me. Wait there is more,he said. I looked at the bag now on the ground and picked it up. In the bag at the bottom was a little dark blue box with a pink ribbon tied around it. I opened it and inside was a small ring. It had a bigger diamond in the center and little ones surrounding it. They were in the shape of a heart. On the inside it read forever mine April and Leo with an infinite sign. It's a promise ring,if you want to promise your heart to me,he said. I love you so much I said hugging him again and slid the ring onto my ring finger. I admired it. I love it and you thank you,I said finally letting him out of the hug. He went back over to the steps and sat starting to talk to one of our friends from band. I started to feel dizzy. Not again I thought. It went away and I started to walk,with my cart behind me,to the gift table. I didn't make it there before I fell onto the soft grass. I heard a scream and Leo yelled,April. He took off sprinting at the same time as Sarah. They made it to me at the same time. I blearily opened my eyes a millimeter and saw some of my best friends crying as they watched me on the ground once again. Leo froze,he stopped moving,he was in shock. Tears were sliding down his cheeks. Leo,Leo,Leo,my god help me get her into the house,Sarah yelled getting his attention and he ran carrying me into the house. It's okay everyone,I'm sorry but I think you need to go I will send an update later,we need the cars moved for emergency personal,Sarah called out as it started to pour down rain. Once again I ruined it,I passed out at my sweet 16 what the heck,I thought. Leo laid me gently on the bed. Sarah came running inside grabbing some of my things from the hospital and her medical bag. She ran to me as quick as possible. Leo go call 911 right now I don't have time if you want me to save her,there's not enough time to drive her there ourselves,Sarah said and Leo grabbed his cell off of the desk.