4

"Harry don't want to have children?"

Niall asked the question straight out. Anne looked at him for a while, before she came up with an uncertain smile.

"Yes, he want to, but he don't know it yet." she quickly replied. "You must understand that he hasn't had an easy life and I'm sure he's more insecure than what you think."

Niall sighed. He looked down at the cup of tea and then up at her again.

"He wont talk about it and he don't want to plan. He says all the time that we shouldn't hope."

Anne reached out her arm and hand across the table and she caught up Nialls hand.

"Niall, give him time." her voice was a mother's voice, a mother who cared. "He will in the end know that he can be a great dad, and that day everything will happen... but for the moment he can't see himself as that."

Niall took the words to his understanding.

"How was he when he came to you?"

She smiled a little bit about memory.

"He didn't trust anyone and he wasn't talking to anybody. He closed himself inside a bubble and I almost thought he was deaf and dumb. It was as if he had lived alone in his hole life."

Niall looked up at her.

"But he was normal later?"

She nodded.

"But it took time, and I know he has more wounds than we can see. His mother was a drug addict and his dad cheated people on the money. That says it all?"

Niall smiled a little bit and he nodded.

"So they didn't take care of him."

Anne shook her head and laid her head slightly askew.

"And do you want to know the big secret?"

Niall got big eyes.

"Secret?"

She blushed a little bit and she chose to nod.

"His mom was my sister."

Directly it was as if the penny dropped in the right place. Niall had always thought that Harry was alike Anne, and now he found out why. He came up with a faint smile, but Anne chose not to smile.

"She neglected him and I couldn't just watch. He was five years old when I decided to make a stop and I took him with me and Gemma."

"So they are really siblings?"

She nodded, and now she smiled weakly.

"Yes, they are siblings. She was so small that she hadn't been hurt yet, but with Harry it was different. The doctors said he would come back to a normal life, but the question is if he ever did that, come back?"

Niall chose to smile and he was sure about the facts.

"He's back!" he replied confidently. "Harry's everything as you wanted him to be, if not more."

Anne got out a little grateful laughter.

"Thank you for telling me that." she whispered hoarsely. "I'm always afraid that something will go wrong with him, but after you came into his life, everything is just so good."

Niall giggled a little.

"Is it?"

She nodded happily.