20

Gemma lay on the sofa and she was pale. She had vomited up everything she had in the stomach and she was in a bad mood. For the moment she regretted it, that she had said yes to the whole thing. She regretted that she let the doctor push the egg into her, yes it felt just like that. A hard push and she had felt the pain down there. As if he pressed something as was wrong inside her and now she couldn't get it off. It was a nightmare, but somehow she tried to see it in the right way. She made Harry a really big service. She wanted Harry once and for all, to find his own place and that he might be happy, just for this. It was precisely because of that she wanted to be there for them. Harry had never been happy. She remembered throughout their childhood how he constantly tested the limits, had a bad temper and all the time said it was everyone's fault that he wasn't as perfect as everyone else. Gemma didn't remembered that much from their biological parents. She had only small memories about some fights. That's all" She remembered strong how Anne took them to their house and that Gemma got her own room. She had been in heaven, and she had loved the new life. Harry on the other hand had done the opposite. "You're not my mother!" he had so many times roared toward Anne and she had cried herself to sleep many nights. Gemma had tried to be that perfect daughter, but sometimes she could hardly do that part anymore. It was as if she carried a desire to do crazy things. She wanted to throw off her clothes, bathe naked in the sea and stop caring about everyone else, but she did care and she loved Harry, with all his faults.

New medical appointments. She lay on the bed and she saw how the doctor did an ultrasound. He took the jelly on the belly and then he examined everything in there with that device. She closed her eyes and she tried to think as a person who was pregnant, what she would think.

"It looks good."

She opened her eyes.

"But we're not there yet?" she got up. "There's still a chance that..."

He smiled at her and he interrupted her.

"What you need to do is to eat normally, be normal and do all the things you usually do."

She sighed deeply.

"You mean I'll continue to vomit and continue to be in a bad mood?"

He laughed a little bit.

"It's your hormones that tell you that you're pregnant, although it's not your child. You should listen to your body."

----

Harry frowned. Niall held up a green jumpsuit as had a four-leaf clover on his stomach.

"You mean he or she will become a true Irish?"

Niall giggled and he nodded.

"Yes, he or she will get it in their blood."

Harry snorted, but he liked the idea.

"Okay, pick out what you want and I will pay."

Yes, Niall had taken Harry out to the store. They went through the last thing as they needed. It was as if they finally ended up on the right side of life, and they were on the same wavelength. Niall quickly took up what he wanted and stretched it over to Harry.

"So you pay?"

Harry smiled weakly.

"Yes, it's I who has the money?"

Niall chose to slip in longer in the store. Harry smiled a little bit and he took all the clothes to the checkout. He laid it on the counter and the woman smiled at him.

"Something more?"

He blushed. It was the first time as he personally bought things for their child.